Which university should I goto and why? Georgetown or Bentley?

I have been accepted to Georgetown University's Mcdonough School of Business in Washington DC, and to Bentley University in Waltham MA, 20 minutes away from Boston. Both have excellent business programs, and I am very confused as to which one to choose.

So which one do you think I should choose and why?

Favorite Answer

Georgetown-McDonough is rated 21st among business schools at US universities for undergraduate work. Bentley is not in the top 42. Go to Georgetown.

Washington is a much nicer and warmer city than Boston. Georgetown is in one of the best downtown areas of Washington and Waltham is a far away suburb of Boston. Georgetown is mostly Caucasian and has a reasonable amount of diversity as well. Georgetown has an international reputation. Bentley is not known outside the business community.

Source(s): US News college edition, Sept. 2009, p.98.
  • Lili

Georgetown is a famed and highly reputable school, much more prestigious. Its MBA program is ranked much higher than Bentley's (19 vs. 62 on the U.S. News list), but I'm not certain how the undergraduate programs compare.

To me, this is a no-brainer: Georgetown is simply a much better known school in general. However, Bentley may offer something you particularly want that Georgetown doesn't.

The Boston area, in my view, is a better place to live, but Washington can be exciting. I know some Brandeis graduates who don't think much of Waltham, but again you'd be in the Boston metro area.

Don't freaken go to Georgetown that's like an all black school trust me my cousin went there and he said it sucked because of all the freaken ******

you should choose which ever one is closer to home if you want that which have more of other things you would like to look into and the surroundings