i applied weed and feed , but i have stripes , like i missed spots, how do i fix it?

it looks like every other pass, got it on it, i'm desperate for a fix

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Ranger
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Depends on what color the stripes are. If the grass is light green and dark green where you applied the W & F, you missed spots is all. Wait to weeks after the first application and make a second application on the light green stripes. It will fill in and turn dark green like the rest of the lawn.

If the stripes are green and yellow, you applied too much fertilizer and it is burning the lawn where it was applied. Water heavily until the yellow stripes turn green again. Two weeks after application of W&F over seed your lawn with grass seed to thicken it and make it uniform in color and texture.

• 10 years ago

OK, we can't all be ball park perfect applicators. Stripes are common until you learn to overlap. Easiest is to get MiracleGro, put it on the end of your hose and spray the yellow areas. You could also go back over just the yellow areas with fertilizer but set at a lower rate.

• 3 years ago

Nick, it would be a opposite tread. you will ought to coach the w/e over and seem at the way it generally rotates. the different direction will loosen the pinnacle and you will locate the string interior. ensure which you employ the comparable diameter string to interchange it with, or it is going to bind up on you. The vendors handbook would have the diameter needed in it. or you may take somewhat with you to envision on the hardware or decrease cost shop.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.