"The file nvrd32.sys could not be found" error in XP setup?

When I try to re install Windows XP (authentic version provided by Dell) on my Dell Vostro 1510 laptop, I get the following errors in the given sequence... Step 1) When I start the computer the Dell screen appears and prompts me to select one of the following a) Windows XP Pro b)... show more When I try to re install Windows XP (authentic version provided by Dell) on my Dell Vostro 1510 laptop, I get the following errors in the given sequence...

Step 1)
When I start the computer the Dell screen appears and prompts me to select one of the following
a) Windows XP Pro
b) Windows XP Pro Setup (this appears to be the default option)

Step 2)
If I choose Windows XP Pro Setup, Windows Setup screen appears and after running for 15-20 seconds the following message appears-
"The file nvrd32.sys could not be found. Press any key to continue."

Step 3)
When I press any key I get the following message-
"Setup failed. Press any key to restart your computer"

Step 4)
When I restart my computer, it takes me back to Step 1.

If I select option b) Windows XP Pro Setup, I get the same result again and again, if I select option a) Windows XP Pro, then the old Windows XP Pro screen appears.