Liver disease. Caused by lipoids AKA fatty deposits, Fatal? Treatable? What does the future hold?

I have had a terrible pain in my right side flank& rt belly and right side of my back. I do have back problems. I have also had some abdominal surgeries. My doctor kept telling me that it was just my back. Finally I told my doctor."this is NOT about me taking pain meds. It is about WHY am I having pain that... show more I have had a terrible pain in my right side flank& rt belly and right side of my back. I do have back problems. I have also had some abdominal surgeries. My doctor kept telling me that it was just my back. Finally I told my doctor."this is NOT about me taking pain meds. It is about WHY am I having pain that requires meds and what can be done about it. Finally she ordered an abdominal CT and am told that my liver is big with lipid (fatty) deposits. She has yet to go into more detail. she needs more tests she said,. Help? this is scary!!