Why is it that some people have to call others "gay" just because they don't like them or...?

Are trying to piss off a fan of that person? Do you guys really even know what "gay" means? Because I seem to be getting the idea that a lot of people think it means "stupid". There are a few different meanings but none of them associate with "stupid" Gay: Someone who practices... show more Are trying to piss off a fan of that person? Do you guys really even know what "gay" means? Because I seem to be getting the idea that a lot of people think it means "stupid". There are a few different meanings but none of them associate with "stupid"

Gay: Someone who practices homosexuality; having a sexual attraction to persons of the same sex
Gay: Happy <--- That's definitely NOT what people are reaching for, though.

It pisses me off when I see people go around saying "Justin Bieber is gay" or "The Jonas Brothers are gay", etc. and people have even come on my formspring saying "Brandon Flowers, Damon Albarn, The Killers, you is/are gay" just to get back at me for having a different opinion than them in this section and I'm sure a lot of them are Michael Jackson fans since I seem to piss them off the most but maybe some of them are Justin Bieber fans? They usually include Michael Jackson in the statement so I guess that's that. I have NEVER called Justin Bieber, Michael Jackson, Jonas Brothers, Twilight actors, etc. gay simply because I don't like them. And I don't even call someone gay even if they really are gay. How would you feel if you were gay/lesbian/bi and someone called you gay or you saw someone call someone else gay just because they don't like them? What if you were in the same room with someone who's gay and you didn't even know it and made some comment like "that guy is so gay."? How do you think that makes them feel? And I've even corrected people for saying it and then go off saying "well, if someone is truly gay, they shouldn't care." And you know what? They do care. I've talked to a few people who are gay and they do care. It's extremely immature and ignorant to attack someone's sexuality and I'm sure it feels like being stabbed when gay people get the hate for being who they are. Celebrity section is full of immature people. I'll admit I can be immature sometimes but that's just because I like to mess with you. Anyone who takes me seriously really needs to see that I am not serious 90% of the time.

And I am not trying to rant, I'm just trying to make people see what they're doing.

Thoughts?
Update: If you don't care to read it than get the fück out!
Update 2: Then*
Update 3: Then*
Update 4: And to all the people giving TDs for the people who actually read this and agreed, you're even more immature than the people being discussed.