promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

MacBook Pro lifespan?

I want to buy a macbook Pro, but my dad wants to make sure if it has a six year long lifespan. Does anyone who has it have any complaints? And how good is the battery? And how long have you had it for?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Steve
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It will easily last six years. if you follow the instructions in the link below, you will be able to keep it running at top performance for 7-10 years.

I own two Macs that are both over 5 years old. I have no plans on replacing them.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

MacBook Pro lifespan?

I want to buy a macbook Pro, but my dad wants to make sure if it has a six year long lifespan. Does anyone who has it have any complaints? And how good is the battery? And how long have you had it for?

Source(s): macbook pro lifespan: https://shortly.im/1zyX9
  • 1 decade ago

Physically they could last that long if you are very careful with them, but a seven year old machine may not run current software. 5 years is more reasonable.

The battery won't last that long for sure. You hard drive will also probably fail inside of 5 years. Laptops are not as durable as desktop computers.

I have the 13" MacPro laptop, but I don't expect to get more than 5 years out of it, before getting a newer machine.

• 3 years ago

Lifespan Macbook Pro

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.