My college roommates are leaving me out and leaving me alone on my birthday- i'm devastated!help?

Basically, i've always felt a bit isolated amongst my university flat mates. I couldn't pinpoint what was wrong, but no matter how hard I try to make conversation or whatever, they're quite rude and leave me out a bit. I have one friend from home at this university, but she lives in different dorms, but... show more Basically, i've always felt a bit isolated amongst my university flat mates. I couldn't pinpoint what was wrong, but no matter how hard I try to make conversation or whatever, they're quite rude and leave me out a bit. I have one friend from home at this university, but she lives in different dorms, but she has noticed it whenever she visits me. Similarly, I have friends on my degree subject who have noticed it.
However, my birthday is Saturday coming, and yesterday they came to me in the kitchen and apologised to me, telling me that they had booked train tickets to all go and stay at one of their homes for the weekend and hadn't realized it would be my bday, and would be away for the whole weekend.
Naturally, I was a bit upset about being alone on my birthday, and having been left out of this trip, and was leaving my room to go and talk to a friend about it when I overheard my name being mentioned in the kitchen.
I know it's creepy, but I listened having heard my name, and heard one of them asking the others how telling me had gone. They said that i'd gone quiet, but that they'd pretended that they'd booked the tickets a while ago and had forgotten my birthday. Obviously, they booked the tickets recently and had known well.
I'm upset for a number of reasons. It's my first birthday away from home, and with the dorm empty i'm going to feel really lonely. Secondly, I don't understand why they've felt the need to leave me out of this and hide it from me, and why they've been so cruel as to do it over my brithday. I can't think of anything that I could have done to offend them, and naturally i'm wondering what on earth is wrong with me to warrant this.
I told everything to a friend from my classes who has met all of them, and she told me that she couldn't imagine why they were doing it, and said that they are probably just jealous, but I think this is a long shot- obviously she was trying to be kind as a friend, but none of them are insanely bitchy girls, and there isn't much for them to be jealous of.
Can you please give me your opinions on this? I just can't figure out what i've done wrong! and because they're in my dorm, I see them all the time, so this is really getting to me. Furthermore, we're all sharing a house off campus next year, and i've paid for it so I can't back out!