I need help with Steam?

-The Passing came out for Left 4 Dead 2

-I wanted to play L4D2

-I clicked L4D2 on steam

-Pop up says Steam has found a problem with your local game file. Game files will now be re-acquired from the steam servers.

-Someone told me I have to re-download the game to play it again

-I right click L4D2 in steam and click "Delete local content"

-I try to delete it but a pop up says "You do not have enough disc space available to run this game. Please fee up some disc space and then try again."

I have 2 hard drives on my computer. One that cant fit L4D2 and another that can. How can I get L4D2 to download on the hard drive that has enough room?

Favorite Answer

Steam installs to the following folder by default:

C:\Program Files\Steam

Files for games installed on Steam are stored in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\

During the installation of Steam, you have the option to install Steam to a location other than the default. Since Steam relies on the game files residing in the SteamApps folder, your game files will go to whatever folder you have Steam installed in. The game files must be in the SteamApps folder in order to function.

Moving Your Steam Installation

Warning:

It is highly recommended that you create a backup of your SteamApps folder before attempting this process. Neglecting to do so may result in a loss of all of your game content should something go wrong.

If you're low on space on the drive you have Steam installed, you can move the Steam folder to a different location. Here's an example of how to move the Steam installation between two hard drives:

1. Log out and exit Steam

2. Navigate to the folder where Steam is installed (by default: C:\Program Files\Steam\)

3. Delete all of the files and folders except the SteamApps folder and Steam.exe

4. Cut and paste your Steam folder to the new location, for example: D:\Games\Steam\

5. Launch Steam

6. Steam will briefly update and then you will be ready to play

7. All future game content will be downloaded to the new folder D:\Games\Steam\Steamapps\