Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Have you lost hope for the Pittsburgh Pirates?

At least Pittsburgh still has the Penguins and the Steelers.

After the Pirates LOST 20-0 I've officially gave up hope.

We don't even deserve to be a major league baseball team.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

That depends on what you're hoping for. If it is a winning season in 2010, forget it, not going to happen. Highly unlikely in 2011 as well.

Assuming that most of the prospects turn out to be decent major leaguers, don't expect ANYTHING from this club until 2012 at the earliest. And it won't be until 2013 that they could possibly contend. Keep in mind that is IF most of the prospects pan out.

If the prospects don't pan out, the Buccos just shot at least another 7 years in the rear end. But at this point, what is another 7 years of awful baseball. The Pirates would definitely make history be if they had losing seasons for that long (25 years). It would be a record that would never be broken.

We won't know if their moves were good ones until the 2012 season. By that time these players should be in the majors.If they have not arrived by then, it will be the same old story, like McCutcheon as a Met,Red Sox, Yankee,etc.

The Pirates tore it all the way down and are finally rebuilding from the bottom up. Now we get to see if Coonelly and "Wheel and Deal" Neal Huntington can evaluate talent. If they can't, I will have lost all hope after the 2012 season.

Source(s): 'Burgh Native
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

i assume as a Cubs fan, I ought to revel interior the Pirates misery, yet I kinda experience sorry for his or her followers. i'm additionally a Twins fan and in spite of each thing those years on the Metrodome and gazing previous washed up Minnesotan former stars from different communities (like Terry Steinbach, Dave Winfield, Paul Molitor, et al) I now appreciate the triumphing procedures. i does no longer recommendations seeing the Pirates have some fulfillment, yet no longer until eventually after the Cubs ultimately win a worldwide sequence.

• 1 decade ago

I saw part of that 20-0 loss against the Brewers. That was pretty bad...

But you have to keep faith! Loyalty is more important that winning.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

wow. 20-0?! who was that against?

Yeah ive given up hope. kind of like when i stopped watching the timberwolves

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Its always darkest before the dawn.

• 1 decade ago

they are done

they realeased or traded all there good players

farewell pirates

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Who ever had hope for them?

• yep

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.