How can I describe the 'scene style' with out my parents freaking out?

So my parents think that the scene kids aren't normal. And i'm trying to explain to my parents that its just a type of being unique. though they wont listen. any ideas?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Ask them about their own sordid pasts.

Ask dad to show you the pics from his Metal head years or ask mom about when she was a Punk.

Source(s): "That car is the 78 Camaro we conceived you in...."
    • Login to reply the answers
  • bohman
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

suited to the worst: B C A D A and D will result the comparable - unhappy, socially incompetent and habit issues. D might have greater distant and self-inflicted anger habit and A might have greater outward anger onto others. those produce the derelicts as adults in society and it quite is a disgrace. B and C are intertwine for me. the two is used. we've tend to be greater on the Permissive stated in some factors yet too a lot of it has led them to no longer have a shape purpose of their lives - too a lot freedom and for Authoritative we do the main. we've never punished our young ones and have achieved constructive reinforcements. they have not achieved something so undesirable that ought to have required punishment. we've controlled to enhance a deferential enjoyed ones of one yet another and of regulations. we at the instant are not appropriate for we nonetheless have subject concerns with them focusing on existence after college or severe college.

• 10 years ago

theres nothing wrong with it. you dont need to describe it, just change what you wear etc without becoming a stereotype. parents dont always approve of their childrens decisions but really they should just learn to accept that if it makes you happy, and you're safe, then it's fine. there's too many negative stereotypes about the scene. look at successful "scene" people like livid thorn and show that young people can be entrepeneurial and friendly without having a "normal" image.

Source(s): www.lividthorn.com
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Explain to them that this is your way of being unique. Say that it's good because you'll mainly be wearing jeans and tshirts so its not like you will be wearing skimpy outfits. Ensure them that you will make it classy and adjust the style to suit your personality rather than following everyone else. Gradually turn scene so they get used to it, rather than going all out in one hit.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

A happy && colorful version of punk and goths mixes=d together when u like none!!

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

They are try hards to fit in with the stereotype. They might say they're unique, but when it comes down to it they're not, they're insecure kids who try to fit in and feel more confident by putting all the makeup on, getting piercings, layering and teasing their hair. Its so fake, every seen kid looks pretty much the same.

You wouldn't even recognise most of them if you put plain clothes on them, took off their makeup and didn't tease their hair and pulled it off their faces.

They're so fake.

• 10 years ago

tell them its a colorful, happy version of emo where you try ridiculously hard to be unique by doing what hundred of other kids do.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

A different trend and volumized hair?

• 10 years ago

fall down the stairs... start crying... and babble that you are then they will feel sorry for you and wont be mad :3

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

telll them OK BE QUITE AND LISTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.