Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 10 years ago

Legal aspect of Media Violence?

So i need to find information on the legal aspect of media violence. I know it's legal and stuff but is there a limit and that type of stuff

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Mizz G
    Lv 5
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

What kind of media violence exactly are you referring to? And which country or state are you talking about.

I live in Indonesia. In my country, one of the most popular criminal charges of this day is "defamation and humiliation". In mid 2009, a mother of two young children got arrested for telling her friends in a newsletter about a hospital's poor service, after her complaints to the hospital had been ignored. In mid 2009, an Indonesian singer/actress was taken to court for posting a tweet on Twitter that infotainment is more evil than whores and murderers, cursing the paparazzi's souls to burn in hell. When she tweeted that, she had been on a tiring date at a movie premiere with her celebrity boyfriend, it was almost midnight and she was carrying her boyfriend's sleeping daughter out of the theatre when the paparazzi bumped the girl with his camera and the reporters won't stop bugging her. So although it was really the paparazzi's fault for being so rude and insensitive, the fact that this public figure posted a "violent" public tweet on Twitter caused an avalanche of an uproar and made it qualify for a criminal charge.

Hope that gives you some ideas of case studies you could look into; maybe not those ones, but similar cases that happened more around the corner from where you are. Perhaps you should consider re-posting this question with a definition of "media violence" and the state whose law you want to look into.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

whilst human beings have confidence in conspiracy theories, it supplies them a feeling of interior expertise, which they have an inclination to locate empowering, and an evidence for activities which vex them. It additionally hyperlinks them to a set they are in a position to experience area of, which they might elect because of the frustration they experience has been led to. i might say it might take power from looking into the methods in the back of what's fairly occurring, which might probable be issues like the worldwide being an rather vast place with likely random activities. i think of the vast venture with conspiracy theories isn't whether or not they're real yet what could be achieved a pair of world wherein they're the two plausible or human beings ought to have confidence in them.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.