Hey,Atheists.Does it bother you that Jesus called some Gentiles "dogs"?

Jesus used the word "dogs" to describe those nations/individuals who point their nose at,gnash their teeth,"growl" at ,"bark" at the heals and harass Israel and the Jews.We see and hear the same things today where nations vehemently condemns Israel for protecting it's citizens and land but we never hear a peep about other nation's atrocities against Israel ,like these so called "Palestinians" who launch rockets into Israel nightly with the intentional purpose to kill Jews and the news media calls them nothing more than "firecrackers". Or how about Iran's call for the destruction of Israel.Only the Jews are judged and condemned. I guess this makes Jesus' words,true and correct.

Update:

joshuap-What?The Jews stole the land from the Arabs? LOL..Israel is the Jews ancestral home.It belongs to the Jews and them alone.

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Dont cast your pearls before swine.

• 1 decade ago

Rockets? Palestinians use rocks against the occupying Israeli army. Poor Israel...

THe fact of the matter is that they stole that land from the Arabs living there. THey want it back. If you think the Jews are justified in taking their land and making Palestinians homeless, even to this day, then get out of your house cuz I want it now!

• 4 years ago

precise from the initiating, the human race grow to be decrease than the education of Almighty God. regrettably, sin intervened and, from then on, mankind desperate to % his very own idols and gods to worship for his lifestyles. In different words, maximum of the people of people chosen to withdraw from God's education and do issues their very own way (no longer something has replaced and that they do an analogous, right this moment). The term 'Gentiles', for this reason, is in basic terms representative of people who've chosen to leave and disobey God and His regulation. they are nevertheless God's people and that's between the excuses Jesus got here to Earth 2,000 years in the past. First, even though, He had to be sure that His actual followers knew what the Scriptures particularly meant on account that they were brainwashed (like people, right this moment) by skill of demonically led monks and leaders for almost 4,000 years and have been very perplexed and misled. They have been so perplexed and misled that they considered everybody different than a real God-fearing Israelite to be no longer something extra advantageous than an ignorant 'dogs' and it grow to be offensive to even communicate with such 'dogs' (or Gentiles), mutually with they considered the lady to be in that tale. on account that Jesus' venture, first and top-rated, grow to be in direction of re-educating the Israelites, it grow to be no longer yet time for others to be included interior the re-training technique. the lady's persistence and clever respond, even though, grow to be sufficient to reason Jesus to respond to hew plea. It grow to be yet another few years (after Jesus' ascension) earlier (Simon) Peter had the inventive and prescient of the 'unclean ingredients' (Acts 10:11 - 34) which then opened the door for each individual to be invited to share interior the stable information of God's Kingdom. there is not any 'racism with God for he's not any respecter of particular people (Acts 10:34) and each physique belong to Him, besides, (precise from the initiating).

• 1 decade ago

Nope, why would it?

EDIT: Do you know how many lands in the world some group could claim as their 'ancestral lands'... It was extemely unfair to push the Palistinians out of a land they have occupied for many years because of someone trying to make a prophesy happen...

Source(s): IMHO
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No, because Jesus was being non-Christian while saying that, if he did say that. Christ is supposed to love ALL of "God's creatures". Also, why would it bother us anyway? Thats like saying, "Hey guys, does it bother you that Santa Claus called you a dog?" It's more of a joke to us because we can't be offended by "someone" we don't believe in.

• 1 decade ago

I find i fascinating that god always used the vocab of the times. Calling people "dogs" was not uncommon, and sense man created the gods through their imagination, then surely the gods would have the same slang. LOL

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think you meant ''Hey,christians'' - they are the gentile dogs. Christians are non-Jews gentiles who will never get god's promise to the Jews so they created the Christian religion to piggyback into heaven.

Atheists do not believe in any of that nonsense so why would it offend me?>

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The gentiles were pagan during that time and all Jews called them "dogs".

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hey, BS Man, no. Why would it?

Is it nice there, in the alternate universe you inhabit? Because you clearly don't live in this one, with your "never hear a peep" nonsense.

• 1 decade ago

Nope, religions use derogatory terms to describe non-cult members, it makes the cultist feel superior.

If you make them think that they are better than everyone else, you have another tool to control them with.

It is normal to deride, mock and even to wish death and destruction against non-cultists.

Read any `Holy Book` they all say it, they try to dehumanise everyone but themselves.

• 1 decade ago

I couldn't care less what fictional characters have to say....I don't get any more upset about what goes on in the Harry Potter or Twilight series.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.