CB
CB asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 decade ago

Have any funny breastfeeding stories?

I was out to eat with my husband, 8 month old son, and 4 other people. Baby was tired and being a fuss so I decided to take him to the restroom and nurse him, hopefully to calm him. Well we were standing in the handicap stall and as soon as I let him latch on - he bit me - full force!! His two little bottom teeth would not let go... I had to hold in my yelp as I tried to pull him off gently. Finally I was able to take a look at myself and as I pushed on my boob to try to see if I had teeth marks - milk shot out in a stream over the top of the stall and into the neighboring one.... AH! And there was a woman in the stall too! Hahah!!

anyone have any good stories to share....

HAHA - Beliz!! Hopefully they didn't think YOU were the one making the noises while nursing a baby.... hahah!!! thanks for sharing :)

Hey K - I don't mind breastfeeding in public... but I am a coach and I happened to be with a recruit and felt it would be inappropriate to just whip it out there ;)

And standing in a bathroom stall is no different than standing anywhere else - its not like I put the baby in the toilet or on the floor ... lol!?!

• beliz
    Favorite Answer

haha, I was nursing in the handicap stall the other day too! I had one foot up on the toilet and started nursing him, when all of a sudden, his face got red and he let out a poop. But it was kind of noisy and I'm sure other people in the restroom thought I must be having "issues" in the bathroom:) Luckily, right afterward he grunted a little and started "talking" to me between gulps, so hopefully people figured out it was a baby and not me:)

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Have any funny breastfeeding stories?

I was out to eat with my husband, 8 month old son, and 4 other people. Baby was tired and being a fuss so I decided to take him to the restroom and nurse him, hopefully to calm him. Well we were standing in the handicap stall and as soon as I let him latch on - he bit me - full force!! His two...

Source(s): funny breastfeeding stories: https://shortly.im/Apuvw

LOL aw that is a great story! Hehe made me laugh :-)

Once I was breastfeeding my daughter when she was about 8mo and we had some family (hubby's sisters and mother) over. My SIL made a joke and we all started laughing, so Matilda decided to see what was going on. As she let go of my breast and looked, milk spurted out and onto my MIL! It was so funny, but I felt kind of embarrassed. She assured me that it was fine and that it wasn't the first time that has happened to her, lol!

• Haha.. That poor woman... I bet she was a little weirded out not knowing exactly what was squirting over the stall.

My funny story... I have twins, and we went to visit my mother one day on her off day. Well before dinner (they were eating solids by this point) I stepped into my sister's room to pump a bit of milk with my hand pump to put in a sippy cup for them. Well my youngest sister (who is 6) noticed I was in our middle sister's room as she went to her room to play. She opened the door and asked what I was doing. So I told her I was pumping some milk for the boys to drink with their dinner. She watched for a minute, obviously thinking, and then suddenly said "Oh! So that's how you get the milk in there..." I laughed and then explained the process to her, although she looked a bit confused when I was done.

I was nursing mine at night and it was dark, I wasn't paying attention and apparently neither was she. She missed my nipple totally and latched onto my breast! She continued to try to nurse and gave me a proper hickey! It was soooo sore but I couldn't get the little sucker off, there was no space to slip my finger in!! I pay more attention now...

hahaha, that's hilarious. but i don't have any stories to share either. i'm a breastfeeding virgin.

LOL! that's too funny!

I don't have any good stories... :(

Damn man, don't do that. Once in a restaurant I saw a woman go off to nurse in the toilets, and it wrecked my meal to think about it.

If you are really super-weird about your baby being seen eating, nurse in a car. But don't do it in the restroom.