First time home buyer tax credit- Married filed jointly--need a cosigner?

My husband and I are getting a home in Texas. Since my husband was deployed in 2009, we got extended for the credit until 2011. My father (married files seperately) is going to be our cosigner. My question is, will we be able to get the $8000 tax credit. What if his name is on the deed and closing statement? Is... show more My husband and I are getting a home in Texas. Since my husband was deployed in 2009, we got extended for the credit until 2011.

My father (married files seperately) is going to be our cosigner. My question is, will we be able to get the $8000 tax credit. What if his name is on the deed and closing statement? Is there anything special I need to do? Thanks!
Update: Thank you for the contributions! Well, I spoke with our home builder and they said that the closing statement would have me, my husband, and my dads name on there. So thats why I am confused...