Atheists,would you call out to the God you claim "doesn't exist" to save you if?

some lunatic jihadist put this in your lap? http://boortz.com/mp3/archive/countdown.swf

OK,OK...how about if he had it strapped to his chest and hand cuffed you to him?

Favorite Answer

wtf! GODS NOT REAL! I would call for my mom

What, a swf of a timer? So what.

And no, I wouldn't. There is no god, and even if so, what would make me think he'd take time out of his day to save me from the free will of other men, which he gave to them and from the evil he constantly allows to exist in the world? He doesn't save anyone else, why would I a) suddenly believe in something I don't believe in and then b) think it will do something different for me than it does for other people in the same situation?

If I ever had to call on a god in a pinch, it would be Loki.

I wouldn't even think about the Christian God at that time - I would try to get the f**k out of there while warning everyone in the area that there is a bomb.

If I did call out for divine assistance it would NOT be to the abrahamic god - it would just be a quick thought for help to a "force of good if there is one".

• Rosco

No that's 11 seconds of precious time wasted that could be spent working out how to save your life.

EDIT: Doesn't matter - I could be figuring out how to diffuse the bomb, pull out a wire, shield myself from the blast as best as possible, throw myself in a pool to prevent the bomb from going off - I don't know what would be the best option but I know it's better to spend my 11 seconds of thought on trying to get out of the situation or at least get some sort of damage limitation rather than waste it.

nah. I'd probably call on satan to make the bomb appear above the lunatics head so he went boom instead. I'm pretty sure if I called on god he would just watch me die.

Source(s): hi. :D
  • Chris

Nope, I'd rely on keeping my wits about me and finding a logical solution to my problem.

What is it supposed to be? Why would it frighten anyone? I don't understand. Maybe you should write it in English.

Nope.The dog next door would have a better shot.

• Why would an Atheist call out to someone in whom they had no belief?

No, I'd do something that had a chance of being effective.

No! every body becomes a corpse eventually...