question abt unemployment weekly claims~do you make the claims on the SAME day every week?or does it matter?

Yes, I'll be getting UI, and soon. So the process just began a week ago. After they sent my paperwork, I went online during the required date [between the days they asked]. and filled all that out.

it's week 2 NOW, so DO I CLAIM THIS SUNDAY AS I DID LAST WEEK? Or can I go ahead and fill it out TODAY, thx

NEW YORK

I AM IN NY

• Misty
    Favorite Answer

If you don't claim Sunday you won't get paid for it.

Each State administers a separate unemployment insurance program within guidelines established by Federal law.

You didn't mention your state.

This is what the Department of Labor says.

Continued Eligibility

* You must file weekly or biweekly claims (after the week(s) has ended), and respond to questions concerning your continued eligibility. You must report any earnings from work you had during the week(s). You must also report any job offers or refusal of work during the week. These claims are usually filed by mail or telephone; the State will provide filing instructions.

* When directed, you must report to your local Unemployment Insurance Claims Office or One-Stop/Employment Service Office on the day and at the time you are scheduled to do so. If you fail to report as scheduled for any interview, benefits may be denied.

* You must continue to meet the eligibility requirements stated in the previous section.

EDIT: http://www.labor.state.ny.us/ui/claimantinfo/oncey...

You must request payment the first week following the week

you wish to claim or on Sunday at the end of the week you are claiming. You may claim your weekly benefits from 12:01

Saturday until midnight on Sunday. Weekly claims made on Sunday are for the week ending that day.

Read this.

How Do I claim my weekly benefit?

I think my husband turned in his claim every 2 weeks on a Sunday. But I also know that when he had questions or messed up and he called and talked to someone in person on the phone they were very nice and helpful to him.