How do you think world peace can be achieved?

Additional Feedback Optional: Does it start with the individual, a sense of community, our world leaders or other influences? Does it start with respect and if so how is respected demonstrated in your community? Does it start with love and if so how is that demonstrated in your community? Do organizations exist... show more Additional Feedback Optional:
Does it start with the individual, a sense of community, our world leaders or other influences?
Does it start with respect and if so how is respected demonstrated in your community?
Does it start with love and if so how is that demonstrated in your community?
Do organizations exist in your communities that help promote peace? What do they do to promote peace?
Update: =42 - I do like Tofu, but do we have to kill all meat eaters?
Update 2: I get that religion causes conflicts and wars be there is also sense of personal peace that can be achieved if one is so inclined towards enlightment.
Update 3: Dave - I like where you are going. Many religions have core prayers that are powerfully dynamic and enabling.
Update 4: Nick and Hammer - Thanks! You guys are keeping it real. For the individual who struggles within to keep the peace, it is sometimes an internal battle. I am reminded of this call for inner peace when I am behind a slow driver.
Update 5: Aparna - It was a pleasure to read about the meaning of your name. It seems that the desire to have world peace must be a seed that has to be planted in the hearts of men, that at first it may be scorned but through the lives of many leafless one's, it may come to dwell in everyone's household along with... show more Aparna - It was a pleasure to read about the meaning of your name. It seems that the desire to have world peace must be a seed that has to be planted in the hearts of men, that at first it may be scorned but through the lives of many leafless one's, it may come to dwell in everyone's household along with other intrinsic truths. I hope I was not too impertinent with my remarks with regards to Shiva and Parvati.
Update 6: The bible also tells us in Psalm 119:165 that "Great peace have they who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble." It is true though that equality on some level must be achieved as well. 2 Corinthians 8:13-15 13Our desire is not that others might be relieved while you are hard pressed, but... show more The bible also tells us in Psalm 119:165 that "Great peace have they who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble." It is true though that equality on some level must be achieved as well. 2 Corinthians 8:13-15
13Our desire is not that others might be relieved while you are hard pressed, but that there might be equality. 14At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need. Then there will be equality, 15as it is written: "He who gathered much did not have too much, and he who gathered little did not have too little."[a]