First time flying, are one stop flights complicated?

I've never been in an airport nevermind an airplane. I've scheduled a trip for myself to fly across the country. The cheapest flights I can find with a reasonable arriving time all have one stop. My concerns would be getting lost in the airport which would cause me to be late or miss my flight, how and where to get my baggage are all things going through my mind. For a onestop flight, would that require me to actually hop off the plane and go halfway across the airport for my next flight or do they fly in the same plane?

Favorite Answer

It depends what your airline carrier is and where you are flying to. Sometimes when it is the same carrier that takes you to your final destination, you do board the same plane, but if not then you might have to switch terminals, or areas of the airport which depending on the size of the airport, might not take long at all. If the airport is large then it is possible that you might have to take a bus or a train from one terminal to the other. Usually the luggage is transferred on its own so you don't have to waste time picking it up and checking it in again, but you might want to ask them as you check in your bags to make sure. A helpful tip I would recommend is to schedule your layovers with ample time in case of delays so you don't miss your next flight. Good luck!

My very first time flying, was flying from Glasgow,Scotland to Australia . On my own. I had to change planes at HEATHROW of all places, which meant I had to get on a shuttle bus to get to the next part of the airport as it was HUGE. I was so terrified and I did get on the wrong shuttle and once I realised that I had to then find my way to where I should be. But I managed it.

THen I had to stop at Malaysia and wait for 5 hours before getting on the plane again I was convinced I would be stolen and trafficked lol (I was young girl at the time)

But I got there, there is PLENTY of help around if you get stuck or lost and your flight will always give calls out if you are not there for boarding.

Good Luck and enjoy your trip

Flying is fun! Your baggage will transfer to the next plane. Check ahead of time with the airline to see how long your lay-over is. You always need at least an hour,if not longer due to how long it takes to get OFF the plane then get to the next gate for your next flight. You can get online to check out the airport of your layover to get familiar with the layout.

Any flight attendant or airport personnel will always help guide you.

Source(s): fly all the time

whether that's on one cost ticket, your bag would be checked with the aid of on your trip spot. You oftentimes do no longer see it returned until eventually then, except you need to pass with the aid of Customs and Immigration before getting on yet another flight that takes you on your trip spot. in the journey that your flight is one flight quantity that has a supply up, you will possibly no longer go out the plane on the supply up. whether that's extra suitable than one flight quantity, you do ought to go out the plane. verify the departures for the gate of the subsequent flight you will board. now and returned that's extremely close, yet now and returned you need to take a commute to a diverse element of the airport. distinctive the time you do no longer ought to pass with the aid of secure practices returned. On some international flights you could ought to. while you're changing planes in a worldwide airport that may not the rustic of your trip spot, you often do no longer ought to pass away the international section and don't pass with the aid of Customs and Immigration in this airport.