Kate asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 10 years ago

Does anyone have a white sapphire engagement ring?

This is the one I was thinking about getting

http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires...

Do you like it? Has the stone gotten cloudy?

thanks!

Favorite Answer

OMG, Kate! That ring is to-die-for gorgeous!

Sorry, I can't be of any help :( I just love that ring!

• holder

Emerald Cut White Sapphire Ring

I think that is a lovely ring, and I really do enjoy white sapphires (and that setting is gorgeous). They are very white, and in certain lights may have a blue-ish, or almost lavender tint to them. A high quality sapphire will be very clear, although lower grades/cuts can look a little "cloudy" or "milky" at times. They give off plenty of "sparkle", and only a very little bit of "fire". Sapphires are very hard stones (about an 8 on the hardness scale), which makes them quite durable. 10k gold is actually an excellent choice for a ring you will be wearing every day... it has a lower gold content, making it much "harder", and will not scratch/dent/bend nearly so easily as a higher grade gold (like 14k) will. It can be sized just as easily as any other ring, by almost any jeweler. As far as suggesting shopping together for your ring with your future fiancee, you can bring it up in a conversation about marriage if you wish ("I'd love to show you a few rings that I've seen that I like!" or something along those lines). Show him some of the rings that have caught your eye, even if it's just this one. If he sees how much you love this one, he'll probably go ahead with it. You'll still be surprised by the proposal, I'm sure... so it's not like you're ruining the thrill by helping him find the perfect ring. ;)

Though I'm sure many people on Yahoo Answers might disagree with me - a white sapphire (more accurately called a colorless sapphire) is an excellent choice of gemstones. These "colorless sapphires" actually have a similar brilliance to diamonds when cut appropriately, and actually fetch much higher "per carat weight value" than the traditional blue sapphires.

The important thing is that any woman's engagement ring, should be the ring SHE envisions wearing next to her wedding ring for the rest of her life - be the stone a flawless diamond or a simple polished stone - it's the meaning that matters, not the value.

I work in jewelry, and I actually prefer white sapphire over a lousy diamond.

It doesn't cloud like CZ will, but it will get dirty quickly (take it off when you put on makeup and use hair products and apply lotion to avoid goop build up). The prongs are nice, too. They'll allow you to see more of the stone than a six prong setting would.

The stone itself is very good quality, and the round brilliant cut will offer the most fire and life to your stone. The diamonds are also of very good quality, small as they may be.

All in all, excellent choice of ring for that kind of price tag.

Nobody said engagement rings HAD to be diamond, that's a trendy new thing.

I don't have a white sapphire e ring, but I do have sapphire rings. I think they are a very wise choice.

All i can say is i wish i would have known these existed before i picked out my engagement ring.

Nice!!

Source(s): getting married this august. engaged may 09

i have an emerald cut white sapphire ring. i love it. it does get dirty fast with soap scum and crud. i wouls get an ultra sonic cleaner to keep it nice.

i do! i love it! it doesn't get cloudly... but it does get dirty... just like a diamond would. LOVE the white sapphire.

I like the setting, but I am a diamond girl at heart. It's real cute though. :) Good luck.