My BF cant MARRY me cuz his MOM wont let him!?

im inlove with my bf and i want a future with him, but his mom (very traditional) wont let him marry me because she already has a girl lined up for him. he said he will try to change her mind, but i broke up with him because i dont think its fair for me to be with him and wait around and then a few months/years... show more im inlove with my bf and i want a future with him, but his mom (very traditional) wont let him marry me because she already has a girl lined up for him. he said he will try to change her mind, but i broke up with him because i dont think its fair for me to be with him and wait around and then a few months/years down the road he tells me sorry and marries that girl leaving me to start over like a dumb@$$. was i right to leave him or what? im confused and so heart broken :(
Update: guys shes never met me! she wont meet me! 2 yrs ago he was in a relationship with a girl for FOUR years and he begged to marry her and her mother wouldnt allow it and so he lost his gf of 4 years so easily, THAT is why i dont think it will work out because it didnt for his gf that he was with wayyyyyyyy longer than... show more guys shes never met me! she wont meet me! 2 yrs ago he was in a relationship with a girl for FOUR years and he begged to marry her and her mother wouldnt allow it and so he lost his gf of 4 years so easily, THAT is why i dont think it will work out because it didnt for his gf that he was with wayyyyyyyy longer than me. in the end guys, he CANT marry me without his families approval. its allll about family and culture