how do i find out if my house is up for foreclosure if my landlord is reluctant to inform me?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • LILL
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The landlord is NOT legally required to inform you of his status with his lending institution. If you want to find out...visit your local county clerks office.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

My current tenants told me that their old landlord would get notices sent to the house through the mail. Repairs weren't done, and he was a hard person to contact. He wouldn't even return my call when I tried to inquire about rental history of the tenant.

I believe the bank told them that the house was foreclosed and gave them time to move out. As a matter of fact, they didn't even pay their last month's rent because they didn't know where to send the check.

• 10 years ago

It isn't your house.

If it goes into foreclosure, notices will be posted on the property, so you will be informed in enough time to move whether he tells you or not.

• Ryan M
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

First off, it is NOT your house. Second, it is really none of your business. That is between the ACTUAL owner of the house and their lender. You do not have a vested interest in the home.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

he leagelly has to tell you

Source(s): my dads a realate person thing
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.