Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelIrelandDublin · 10 years ago

Admissions to Trinity College Dublin? Help!?

Well, I am trying to collect info about the admission procedure in Trinity College, Dublin. However, exploring their site is a bit challenging. I've already searched for entry requirements and from what I've seen it turns out that they accept only certain types of documents/certificates that ensure that the student has finished school with high grades, like IB, etc. In the list are mentioned other similar documents like the equivalents in France and Italy, but there seems to be no information about my country, Bulgaria, and I'm not sure how to convert the score from my diploma. Here, there's a scale with the highest mark 6 and the lowest - 2. When I write to TCD, they don't respond and all this makes me feel extremely dumb. Could anyone shed light on these matters? I'll be extremely grateful!

• Anseo
    Favorite Answer

I would email them as all correspondence in and out of colleges are done by email,

Here is the email address for the admissions office of Trinity that i found on their website,

admissions@tcd.ie

and heres the link to the page,

http://www.tcd.ie/contacts/

I would advise emailing that address and ask them there. Try to keep your email short and to the point, if you dont get a response just keep emailing them! Eventually someone will email you back if nothing else but to tell you to stop emailing them or pass you on to someone else that can help you.

Source(s): student in ireland
  • Sylvie

The Book of Kells is cool. Plus there is the "Long Room" a great spot to go see some old books, a 1916 Easter rising proclamation and an Irish harp from like St Pats time. Cool student life, great surrounding area in and around Temple Bar, affordable housing near by. ETC..

• Orla C

You need to contact the Central Applications Office for university education in Ireland, and the website for this is www.cao.ie.

Who are you writing to in TCD? The registrar?

call this number: +353 1 896 1000

it will put you through to a switchboard and then ask to be put through to admissions.

i have always found them to be extremely helpful.

good luck!

Have you tried ringing them? If you spoke to someone directly it might be more useful or you could submit your application & allow them to make the conversion

• Koko

email them, you're letters probably got lost.