Who actually decided to suddenly declare Iran an Islamic Republic in 1979???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad-Rez%C4%81_Sh...

why couldnt they have just left that guy in charge? He looks like he knew what he was doing.

Favorite Answer

Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi was merely an American puppet like present Iraq PM. He was over thrown by Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini supported by people of Iran who later declared Iran as an Islamic republic

The Mullahs. And I'm afraid that Reza Shah _might_ have been a 'nice' guy, but he wasn't a very effective ruler. And he was deposing a democratically elected Iranian president.

But now I think things are a lot worse. The Mullahs basically stole the people's rebellion against their Western-imposed ruler and now it's hell-in-a-handbasket world, if you ask me. But yeah. Blame the mullahs.

Actually it was decided by the world powers in Guadeloupe. The main supporter of the regime change was the idiot Jimmy Carter and his bastard aid Zbigniew Brezinsky.

your kidding? right.