What kind of light bulb do plants grow under?

In biology class, we did a project where we grew plants, and they were under light bulbs. But I forgot what kind of light bulb our teacher said it was. It was shaped like a tube, I remember.

I don't have to know what it is, but I'd like to sound like I know what I'm talking about in my paper.

Best Answer

It should be a Fluorescent/ T5 light. Does it looks like this?

http://www.yescomusa.com/product.php?productid=115...

Hello

Well that all depends, if the plant grow lights had two or one power socket, i'm guessing if it had two you'd already no that's a fluorescent bulb, so your teacher would probably have been using a High pressure sodium bulb, which was developed for street lighting, and has been adapted for growing plants to now.

some info below on grow lighting and plant light spectrum a swell,hope this helps.

You use fluorescent bulbs. They come in several types. The cheapest way to give plants the light they need is to combine one cool white bulb with one warm white bulb. You can also buy a bulb that is specific for growing plants but these tend to be expensive.

florescent

some call it a shop light

• XYZ

T5