Sex Change VS Race Change.... Homosexuality VS Race....?

I would like to know other people's opinions on this. I have constantly heard the LGBT movement being compared to the civil rights movement. With that being said, is it safe to say that being born homosexual is that same as being born black, hispanic...etc? If people can get sex changes, then why can't people start getting race changes. If I'm black and feel like I was supposed to be born white...who has the right to say I'm wrong or self hating? It's no different than a man feeling like he was supposed to be a woman and vice versa.... that do ya'll think about it?

• Nate
    Favorite Answer

Eh..I just hope you're not under the impression that homosexuals want to actually be the opposite sex. This isn't the case at all, rather homosexuals want to be the sex they are and also are sexually attracted to others of their own sex.

How is the idea of two consenting adults falling in love and having a romantic and intimate relationship anything other than normal? Anal sex must be pretty normal, given the number of straight guys who want to have it with their female partners. Of course, it's not like all gay men have or enjoy anal sex anyway -- and then there are lesbians, for whom anal sex is hardly the first sex act that comes to mind. Besides, marriage is about much more than sex. The legal question of gay sex was put to rest nine years ago; the DOMA case is about marriage equality, which has little to do with what the married couple in question does in their bedrooms. Does the state interrogate heterosexual couples about their sexual practices before issuing them a marriage license? Scalia is simply whining, and would have been ardently on the side of the proponents of racial segregation, who I'm sure he would have insisted were also "good people." @Matthew T: Then I take it that you will be supporting legislation to remove those "tax breaks" (in reality, more than 1000 legal protections, both financial and not) from heterosexual married couples, who have clearly also done nothing more than "declare their affection" for one another? Military spouses will no longer be eligible for housing benefits, spouses will no longer automatically have hospital visitation privileges or the power to make medical decisions for one another, a spouse will no longer be able to legally adopt their spouse's children from a previous marriage, a citizen will no longer be able to provide their foreign-born spouse legal residence in the country? You're okay with removing all of those rights from heterosexual married couples? @Additional Details: Why should they? Do left-handed people think their parents should have been lefties too?

I think i can add on to Nate's answer...

Sexual Orientation (LGB) is completely different from being Transgender(T)

If you are Transsexual you do not identify with the birth defined gender, it is your identity. People exist on a whole range of M-F (Male and Female or Gender Binary) No one chooses this either. If you woke up tomorrow and had the genitals of the opposite sex how would you feel? It wouldn't be you.

And your sexual orientation is who you are attracted to, not your identity.

So Trans people don't "feel" they were supposed to be born in another body. They know it.

Source(s): I volunteer for Planned Parenthood, much of it LGBT work. I have been to trainings led by Trans people and have a good understanding of Trans issues.
  • Ari

Michael Jackson would be a case in point.

it isnt.

Cheers,

Captain Jack

i think its ridiculous that one should one to change theirself