is the Beatles the most overrated band of all time.?

or is it just me

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

how can a band that accomplished the following(see below)be called overrated:

the beatles inspired other artists and bands to write their own songs,they changed the artist/producer relationship in the studio,they changed the way music was made in the studio,they made an impact on pop culture that's being felt even as we speak,they made it fashionable for men to have long hair,they changed the way people perceive rock groups by not having the standard front man with backing group,they redefined what it meant to be an international celebrity,they inspired other musicians to use certain instruments and music companies to make instruments,they inspired other bands and artists to speak their minds about the relevant issues of the day,helped to change the perception of the rock album from being a collection of songs to a work of art,unofficially made english the language of rock and roll(thus inspiring many overseas musicians to learn english),lennon and mccartney were among the 1st songwriters to have a stake in the publishing of their songs,helped to inspire other rock groups to create their own record labels,they brought the music of india to the west by being the 1st western musical act to use indian instruments on their records,they were the ones who created music videos(though other artists like queen,MJ,and duran duran perfected the art form.they used the blueprints the beatles drew up!),one of the 1st acts to take a stand for civil rights

need i go on...

i think this quote from the compleat beatles says it better than i ever could:"it must be stoically accepted that the beatles were in the end a phenomenon of the 60's,the 70's and beyond were only to feel their influence."

it's been almost 50 years since the beatles came out and 40 years since they broke up and the beatles are still remembered,talked about,and still influencing artists to this day!

now to elaborate on how the beatles took a stand on civil rights:in september of 1964,the beatles were giving a concert in jacksonville,fl at the gator bowl,well word had gotten out to the beatles that the audience at the concert was going to be segregated,well the beatles and brian epstein sent a letter to the venue owners stating that if this was the case that they could have their money back and that the beatles would boycott the performance,of course racially separating the audience was never planned,but it said a lot about the beatles to take such a stand!also on that same tour,at a stop in philadelphia,the beatles were dismayed to find the entire audience for that show(13,000)were all white!

if anyone is overrated it's the jonas brothers and all the other disney artists!

they needed a mouse to get famous for pete's sake!

also all the boy bands,teen pop acts,and teen idols are overrated as well because all they did was sell millions of dollars worth of merchandise,records,concert,and movie tickets and didn't make an impact outside of a commercial one!

so in answer to your question it's just you!

• 3 years ago

You won't become aware of how so much used to be packed into the ones 6 years they have been in combination. Bands just like the Stones and Kiss are nonetheless round in these days, however the Beatles have been handiest round for a brief interval of time and seem how so much they have performed. Also, you become aware of that again then they did not have the toys they have got in these days that "repair" your voices. Sgt. Pepper motivated SO many artists. But what motivated Paul McCartney to make Sgt. Pepper used to be the Beach Boys album: "Pet Sounds." So who is aware of, might be "Pet Sounds" must be forward of Sgt. Pepper on Rolling Stones finest albums record. But however, might be Pepper handed it. Have you ever heard "Strawberry Fields Forever" ? "Happiness Is A Warm Gun," "For No One," "Rain," "All You Need Is Love," "I Am The Walrus," "Here Comes The Sun," "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds," and mainly, "A Day In The Life." The Beatles motivated a pleasant quantity of bands, might be all rock/pop bands; who is aware of. They also have a wikipedia web page at the Beatles have an effect on on pop tradition. Personally, I feel both The Beatles or Queen are the first-rate bands ever. Definitely no longer the Rolling Stones. (How did "Satisfaction" get #a million on finest songs?) I do not feel Beatles have been puffed up, actually plenty in their songs are underrated. Examples in their underrated songs might be: Girl, Rain, Tomorrow Never Knows, I'm Only Sleeping, The Night Before, Eight Days A Week, You've Got To Hide Your Love Away, This Boy, And Your Bird Can Sing, She's Leaving Home, and many others. HAVE YOU LOOKED AT THEIR LYRICS? Listened to the beautiful melodies? Yes, their commencing used to be most commonly approximately love, however they matured through the years. Jonas Brothers get the award for so much puffed up band, sure.

• 10 years ago

Possibly, old punk bands of the 50s were doing more revolutionary music underground before they actually managed to get good. Their early days suck, before they did the acid and such.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

It's just you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

It's just you. Really.

• Naruto
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Yeah, it is just you, & you only.

• Hannah
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

No.

• 10 years ago

HELLZ YEAH THEY ARE!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.