Am I able to collect unemployment in ohio if my employer is forcing me to relocate to another store?

Unemployment in ohio?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • KevinM
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes - if it would be unreasonable to relocate for the new job. If it's two towns away, no. If it's in Florida, yes.

Ed: The poster below has a good point. Don't leave until they fire you - that makes it nice and clean. If they've said, "you have to take this other job or you'll be fired," then get fired. That's when you can collect unemployment benefits.

You can even collect unemployment if your employer reduces your pay drastically (like 50%) - see the link below.

• 1 decade ago

Forcing you versus firing you?

If you don't like the job transfer then start looking for another job and resign when you find it. Why would you want to take a wage paying job and collect unemployment which pays far less than what you earn? It's easier to land a new job when you already have a job.

So forget what the laws are. Polish up your resume and start looking for a new job. When you land that new job give your boss two weeks notice and go.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Forcing you as against firing you? in case you do no longer only like the interest flow then initiate finding for yet yet another interest and renounce as quickly as you discover it. Why would % to you % to take a earnings paying interest and collect unemployment which will pay an prolonged way under what you earn? it incredibly is a lot much less complicated to land a clean interest as quickly as you have already have been given a interest. So forget what the regulations are. Polish up your resume and initiate finding for a clean interest. as quickly as you land that new interest furnish your boss 2 weeks be unsleeping and bypass.

• Only if the new store is located an unreasonable distance from the first or your home. Note that unreasonable is a very broad term.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Are you serious? No. You've been offered a job at another store, so you're not losing a job.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Are all people in Ohio as dumb as you? Just wondering.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.