Cannot Connect to Steam (April 23, 2010)?

can anyone else connect to steam? I am currently using the beta for the newest steam UI but I receive a error saying "cannot connect to steam, please try again later"

Favorite Answer

Steam has been having problems the last 24 hours. If you head over to the official Steam forums you'll find no less than 10 threads full of people with the same problem. You'll just have to wait it out. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/

I for one have been successfully connected to Steam for about 2 days now without anything odd happening. I'm also using the beta ui, so that's not the problem. It must be only affecting certain regions.

For WBEE 92.5 Rochester, NY Advantage Federal - 3.99% University – Below Aol - Grand Californian Are You More Intelligent – C Champions – C Consumer Guide - 120W Max Country Music – A Games N Cards – Blue How Stuff Works - Tip the front of the wing upward Pop Goes – C This Day In History – B SanDiago - Pub Sleuth - Carnival

It's a general error I ran into a couple days ago. If you exit Steam and log back in, you should be able to connect just fine. If you keep getting the error, either check your net or keep trying.

Source(s): Personal experience