Im Looking for a new Book to read, Anyone know a good book?

Im In to Fantasy books, Example I loved the Twilight Series...Im Picky about the books i read, i get bored easy, so i want something thats going to keep me glued to it... Anyone know anything i might like!! Thanks a bunch

• Emily
    Favorite Answer

Book recommendations:

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr it is such a good series!

Rule #3: Don't stare at invisible faeries.

Aislinn has always seen faeries. Powerful and dangerous, they walk hidden in mortal world. Aislinn fears their cruelty—especially if they learn of her Sight—and wishes she were as blind to their presence as other teens.

Rule #2: Don't speak to invisible faeries.

Now faeries are stalking her. One of them, Keenan, who is equal parts terrifying and alluring, is trying to talk to her, asking questions Aislinn is afraid to answer.

Rule #1: Don't ever attract their attention.

But it's too late. Keenan is the Summer King who has sought his queen for nine centuries. Without her, summer itself will perish. He is determined that Aislinn will become the Summer Queen at any cost—regardless of her plans or desires.

Suddenly none of the rules that have kept Aislinn safe are working anymore, and everything is on the line: her freedom; her best friend, Seth; her life; everything.

Midnighter's series by Scott Westerfeld:

Strange things happen at midnight in the town of Bixby, Oklahoma.

Time freezes.

Nobody moves.

For one secret hour each night, the town belongs to the dark creatures that haunt the shadows. Only a small group of people know about the secret hour — only they are free to move about the midnight time.

These people call themselves Midnighters. Each one has a different power that is strongest at midnight: Seer, Mindcaster, Acrobat, Polymath. For years the Midnighters and the dark creatures have shared the secret hour, uneasily avoiding one another. All that changes when the new girl with an unmistakable midnight aura appears at Bixby High School.

Jessica Day is not an outsider like the other Midnighters. She acts perfectly normal in every way. But it soon becomes clear that the dark creatures sense a hidden power in Jessica . . . and they're determined to stop her before she can use it.

A story of courage, shadowy perils, and unexpected destiny, the secret hour is the first volume of the mesmerizing Midnighters trilogy by acclaimed author Scott Westerfeld.

East by Edith Pattou

A young woman goes to the ends of the earth—and beyond—to rescue the man she loves in this sweeping epic.

It is like a beatuy and the beast remake it is very good.

Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder

About to be executed for murder, Yelena is offered an extraordinary reprieve. She'll eat the best meals, have rooma in the palace--and risk assassination by anyone trying to kill the Commander of Ixia.

And so Yelena chooses to become a food taster. But the chief of security, leaving nothing to chance, deliberately feeds her Butterfly's Dust--and only by appearing for her daily antidote will she delay an agonizing death from the poison.

As Yelena tries to escape her new dilemma, disasters keep mounting. Rebels plot to seize Ixia and Yelena develops magical powers she can't control. Her life is threatened again and choices must be made. But this time the outcomes aren't so clear...

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Katniss is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, the remains of what used be the United States. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games." The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed. When Kat's sister is chosen by lottery, Kat steps up to go in her place.

All the books I have listed are series, except for East. Wicked Lovely has 4 books the 4th one is coming out in 2 days. Hunger Games has 2 out and the 3rd is coming out August 24th, and Poison Study is a triliogy, Midnighters is also a triliogy

Source(s): I have read every single one of these books and each are good. Please give each a try and if you get bored with books and you loved twilight there are certainly better books out there.
  • Nancy

I'm assuming that you have already read Harry Potter. Some of my all time favorites are books by Robin Mckinley most of which extend fairy tales into novels. They are about 250-300 pages each and Hero and the Crown and Rose Daughter are two of my favorites. Another all time favorite of mine is Ella Enchanted which is not quite 200 pages, but Gail Carson Levine has also written some other ones which are also good. Another series I enjoyed in highschool was the Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot. Oh yes, and I started reading The Uglies by Scott Westerfield and enjoyed that. Those are also a series. If you are looking for a little more of a challenge, my sister has been reading books by Jules Verne which are some of the earliest science fiction/fantasy books written and you might enjoy those, but I have never read them other than Around the World in 80 days which I did like.

If you're looking for similar books as the Twilight Series then I would suggest Vampire Academy Series each book left you wanting the next book. There is also:

House of Night Series

Blue Blood Series

Night World Series

Vampire Kisses

Wicked

You can also go onto the web site Vampire Library it will give you a huge list of books and will give a description of the book as well.

Happy Reading to you:))

I recently read The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown and I can say it is the best thing I have read so far :)

However it is quite in depth and not fantasy but if you want to try something different :)

There is also The Vampire Diaries which although I havent read them, the TV series is amazing but it is alot like twilight :)

Hope you find a book :)

Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs

Lord of the Fading Lands by C.L. Wilson

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

War for the Oaks by Emma Bull

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

The House of Night by PC Cast

http://www.houseofnightseries.com/

The Wicked Lovely Novels by Melissa Marr

http://www.melissa-marr.com/_wicked_lovely/wicked_...

The "Wheel of Time" Series by Robert Jordan is really good, though it is very long. A nice trilogy is the "Mistborn" series by Brandon Sanderson. If you perfer a little more romance though you could try the books by Elizabeth Hayden.

The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith

The Vampire Academy sounds good for you.

lois lowry book are always great to read, if you like fantasy, you can try "the giver" or the sequel to it (i forgot the name, but you can easily find it at amazon.com; it's something about "blue" in the title)