No Internet Connection - Windows 7 problem?

This is starting to get really annoying when i do things on the internet like when i play games....

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate and i don't think a day has gone past that i have not been annoyed by this problem.

I get the No internet access problem sometimes when i am in the middle of doing things. It doesn't have a pattern but at random time i lose connection.

I don't know what it is but i do know that it is not my wireless adapter since i have 2 and both have the same problem. I know that its not because of Windows 7 because when i lose connection it also doesn't work on my ipod. I am not sure but any ideas will be great...

Thanks for your help

Favorite Answer

Try to consult this on your Internet Service Provider...

Windows 7 operating system is not the problem,

if you are using a wireless router or hub(this is a device connected to the main internet cable so that wifi ready devices can connect to the internet wirelessly,)

try to check if all the leds are lighting up expect for other leds that are not used...coz basically, a router has 4 leds for 4 ethernet/lan ports and three leds for the internet,power and wireless, make sure all leds for internet, power and wireless are lighting and including the led that is used...so, if 1 ethernet port is used, you should see 4 leds blinking...

if youre not using a router, contact your internet service provider so that they can solve the problem...

and also, make sure your drivers for your lan card if up to date....to update your hardware drivers

visit http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?lang=...

and run the intel driver update utility( this requires java installation to run)

i hope i helped...

Source(s): i am a computer engineering student...
  • John

Something could be interfering with the frequency of your router. Try adjusting the frequency your router is broadcasting at. Also call your ISP and see if it isn't the modem or their node is dropping your connection.

Go into your device manager and see if there is a yellow exclamation point next to your LAN. You may need the driver if this is the case.

Call provider tell them your model & serial # of modem.They will tell you to reset modem.

• george

your internet provider is the problem