Question about genetic temperament in dogs?

This question was inspired by Jens question earlier about genetic issues in dogs. I would like to get off on a good start and say I an not trying to argue with anyone or disagree. I am simply confused a bit on some issues and would like pleasant responses from respected members. If a dog has a genetic fault... show more This question was inspired by Jens question earlier about genetic issues in dogs. I would like to get off on a good start and say I an not trying to argue with anyone or disagree. I am simply confused a bit on some issues and would like pleasant responses from respected members.

If a dog has a genetic fault (genetic not caused by anything else) can it be worked with at all on any level?

The only thing I can relate it to that I have experience with is dog aggression in bully breeds. Example the APBT is a dog aggressive animal genetically. However I know from experience raising the dog from a young pup and socializing it with others can help the to get along well with other dogs. So how does this work if you can't change genetics and the breed is genetically prone to being dog aggressive?

Please give the best explanation you can. Thanks for reading!

Happy Earth Day :)
Update: So the big question comes down to you can or you can't change genetics?