renting a fetal doppler?

I am considering renting or buying a fetal doppler. The kind that has a LCD screen and can show you how fast the heart is beating. I am 18 weeks and seem to always be worrying. It would be nice to have some peace of mind. A month between apts. is just to long. Has anyone rented or bought one recently and f so how good is it. I was thinking is probably better to rent one as opposed to buying because it may be better quality. Also. are they hard to use? I welcome any info I can get on this THANKS

Favorite Answer

I rented one with my daughters pregnancy 4 years ago at around 10 weeks and kept it until 30 weeks, when I definatly knew she was okay. I rented it from BellyBeats. I am pregnant again, and rented another one at 10 weeks. This time I went with StorkRadio. Prices are MUCH better. I didn't get the one with the LCD screen though. It was like an extra 4 bucks a month. For the cheapest one they had, it was 16 bucks a month for 3 months (package deal $48 for 3 months) and then 20 bucks a month if I choose to keep it after that. I have had 4 miscarriages, 2 of which were missed miscarriages, so I had no sign the baby died. So, a doppler is the best thing I ever did during either of my viable pregnancies. Good luck! Oh, and I am almost 200 pounds and found the heartbeat at 10 weeks 4 days, so I know for a fact the rentals are nice and strong. :)

I bought one off of eBay and it was the best thing I've ever bought. There are tons of medical surplus stores that sell them, and they're only about $75. (I looked a renting one and it was going to be $60 a month) it works great and it's super simple to use. You can either buy electro gel from a medical supply place or use any water based lotion (Aveeno works really well.)

I've had a miscarriage in the past so I use the doppler almost every day to assuage my panic with this pregnancy. I think without it, I'd be a total wreck!

Good luck.