Invading Iran. The Lib Dems have ruled it out. Does that float your boat?

or even get your vote? The Lib Dems opposed Iraq, the Tories and Labour were all for it. It's obvious to me the US is trying to make a case to invade Iran, probably with France playing Britain's role since getting Britain on board for a second war would be politically difficult and our troops are tied up in... show more or even get your vote? The Lib Dems opposed Iraq, the Tories and Labour were all for it. It's obvious to me the US is trying to make a case to invade Iran, probably with France playing Britain's role since getting Britain on board for a second war would be politically difficult and our troops are tied up in Afghanistan for, by some estimates, at least 30 years.

Would I cast my vote to a party just because they say they will not be a part of an invasion of Iran? Yes I would.
Update: John J! Why didn't YOU stand for President! We seem to hear so many Americans with a "we'll kick Iran's butt before they blow up our cities" when Iran, as far as i know, has never invaded anyone. They just, understandably don't like being threatened, invaded or having 150 Israeli nuclear... show more John J! Why didn't YOU stand for President! We seem to hear so many Americans with a "we'll kick Iran's butt before they blow up our cities" when Iran, as far as i know, has never invaded anyone. They just, understandably don't like being threatened, invaded or having 150 Israeli nuclear warheads aimed at them. Nice post. If you're not careful, you'll get best answer!
Update 2: WOW! What a great bunch of replies. Thank you! David Milliband (Foreign secretary, who I don't like or trust) has on numerous occasions refused to rule out invading Iran. Iran were not invited to Obama's recent nuclear disarmament summit and Israel decided not to go when they learned Egypt and Turkey... show more WOW! What a great bunch of replies. Thank you! David Milliband (Foreign secretary, who I don't like or trust) has on numerous occasions refused to rule out invading Iran. Iran were not invited to Obama's recent nuclear disarmament summit and Israel decided not to go when they learned Egypt and Turkey planned to raise their own fears associated with Israel's nuclear deterrent. Doesn't seem like clever diplomacy to me. As a planet, I'd have hoped we'd moved on from nuclear weapons bearing in mind how accurate GPS guided high explosive bombs can be and how pointless it is filling with radiation land you wish to conquer or occupy.