[] asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 10 years ago

Would a non-stoner support legalizing marijuana?

All I ever hear about is how weed is being legalized for different reasons and I can't help but think this country has more potheads than we need.

Favorite Answer

Yay for even MORE ways to drag this country down the tubes....

Marijuana has residences that actual cuts carcinogen like tumors and cells from development interior the physique by potential of 0.5, or so i've got examine. It additionally relieves soreness and suffering for people who be afflicted by the final ranges of maximum cancers, anorexia, multiple sclerosis, hemorhagia, parkinsons ailment, and different existence-threatening or otherwise painful illnesses. to this factor there has been no link between actual addictions and this drug. Cigarettes and alcohol are far extra addictive and hazardous, and to a pair, those legal drugs are the gateway drugs. Now i'm particular you have heard this all in the previous and in simple terms had to work out what number of human beings could reiterate this so i would be one. i've got on no account touched a joint an afternoon in my existence or rolled up as quickly as. yet enable us to not be fools in sayin that cannabis has NO sort of place interior the medical international. too quite some any sturdy project can bypass awry. seem at vicoden... And penicillin.

I would vote to legalize marijuana for medical use (not recreation), and I'm not a stoner. I've never smoked weed, cigarettes or anything, ever.

I simply believe that there are natural alternatives to the drugs that the drug companies dole out that might be better. Kick it to the drug companies.

Don't get me wrong, I f**king hate it when people smoke nearby me or my kids or in public... but cigarettes are worse than pot.

Cannabidiol (CBD) is a cannabinoid found in Cannabis. It is a major constituent of the plant, representing up to 40% in its extracts.[2]

CBD alone is NOT INTOXICATING but displayed sedative effects in animal tests.[3] Some research, however, indicates that CBD can increase alertness.[4] It may decrease the rate of THC clearance from the body, perhaps by interfering with the metabolism of THC in the liver.

Medically, it has been shown to relieve convulsion, inflammation, anxiety, and nausea, and to inhibit cancer cell growth.[5] Recent studies have shown cannabidiol to be as effective as atypical antipsychotics in treating schizophrenia.[6]

***In November 2007 it was reported that CBD reduces growth of aggressive human breast cancer cells in vitro and reduces their invasiveness. It thus represents the first non-toxic exogenous agent that can lead to down-regulation of tumor aggressiveness.[7][8] It is also a neuroprotective antioxidant.[9]***

A 2008 study published in the British Journal of Psychiatry showed significant differences in Oxford-Liverpool Inventory of Feelings and Experiences scores between three groups: The first consisted of non-cannabis users, the second of users who tested positive for Δ9-THC only, and the third consisted of users who tested positive for both Δ9-THC and CBD. The Δ9-THC only subset scored significantly higher for unusual experiences, while users of both Δ9-THC and CBD had much lower introvertive anhedonia scores . [10]

With benefits like this.... they really should.....

Tried it, but it doesn't interest me. However, I am in favor of legalizing it. It's considerably less dangerous than many legal vices (With the exception of "involving heavy machinery"), and legalization will produce quality control (No more cutting with dangerous chemicals) and they can tax the hell out of it like cigarettes for revenue.

Really it's a matter of breaking the demonization that's been going on since the 30s.

I am not a stoner, I am also not an alcoholic. I am a conservative Republican, but I believe Marijuana should be legal.

I don't smoke it and I'm Not in favor of legalizing it. We're supporting enough people on welfare and I'd hate to think of my tax dollars going to help support someone's addiction.

no. but its gonna happens. same thing in the 20's. probably 5 potheads for every 1 non smoker

I haven't smoked in 10 years, and I'm in favor of legalization.

• U Mad?

I don't support it at all. There's more to the issue than personal usage.