Amelia
Amelia asked in Science & MathematicsGeography · 1 decade ago

how rap is affected by geography?

I need help getting started on my geography cultural diversity paper.

I want to write about how rap is different by locations (ie east coast, west coast, south, midwest).

My thesis is something like: Rap’s varied sounds have been modified by its specific geographies as it has developed.

I am not sure where to look for non-internet sources.

I'm honestly just scared to start writing it's such a broad topic I don't even know where to start! I am not that knowledgeable about rap actually and i though this would be a good way to learn.

What would be a good rough outline to follow? should i change my thesis?

Favorite Answer

Rap actually is not a culture it is more of a style of music. The correct term is Hip-Hop (Is what I think you mean).Anyway notice that Northern "Rap" music Is more ............. while Southern hip hop......Yknow what just check this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_hop All is needed

• ?

look up those artists and the lyrics and evaluate the flow and what the songs are approximately. good success on your paper! west coast nwa, eazy e, ice cube. east coast:wu tang prolonged kin, jedi ideas hints, run dmc south:spm, gangsta boo additionally for components, mtv/vh1 has had documentarys on a number of those rappers. and you may %. the two new rap, previous college rap, or underground rap considering which you cant evaluate lil wayne to eazy e. all the songs i listed are specifically previous college.