Is California totally screwed this coming election?

For governor, we've got 3 main candidates:

1. Democrat Jerry Brown who was a disaster when he was governor in the 70s. Just another liberal out here in a sea of liberals.

2. Meg Whitman - Former CEO of Ebay. No political experience at all. Her campaign is simplistic. And we all saw how well what happened the last time we had a governor with no political experience went. Arnold's governorship has been a disaster.

3. Carly Fiorina - Former CEO of HP. Just like Meg Whitman, except Carly drove her company into the ground, unlike Meg. Same no political experience.

I stand corrected. Poizner at least has some political experience. Unfortunately, he's also a weasel.

Favorite Answer

California is totally screwed all of the time.

I would think you would be used to it by now.

The biggest problem with this election is it's being dominated by people with money. Because Meg Whitman has so much money, she can buy all the ads she wants and completely set the tone of the election.

Until we set real restrictions on campaign finance and spending, we're not going to see real candidates who will work for the people.

I will say that I'm not really worried about political experience. In fact, I would rather see elected officials who are not career politicians. And I think people who have experience running private businesses might be a better choice to run a cash strapped state.

State union employees' bosses run the Legislature and therefore the state government. The position of Governor is a cute figure head at best.

We've already seen the teacher's vs. the prison guards' union during the Dufus administration. Ugly fight. This will continue to be the norm, where state unions fight against one another for ever decreasing funds.

Because much of the private sector that once paid the taxes is wounded, bleeding, and just about dead.

The political class always focuses on "damage control".

I say We focus on controlled damage.

Try this: Offer self-correcting botox injections to all in Cali's govt, & administer all in a single location. Just west of the most active fault line.

So far, no harm, no foul.

Feed Brother Al (Gore) plenty of rectus-methanus (frijoles) and tell him there's a guy waiting with carbon credits just a few thousand feet under ground ... yeah... at the fault line. Give Al a battery power flashlight that'll run down just as he hits the proper destination. He will then need to fire up a stogy...

Use your imagination.

...

YES

I wish Willie Brown would run

I'm not anti Jerry he did sorta OK in Oakland

Meg runs Ebay with H1B slave labor

Florinia bugged HP employees homes with AV feed back to her HP secret police (remind you of Ashcroft's Patriot Act Fever)

Fiorina runs for US Senate, against Babs Boxer.

Carly Fiorina is one of two Republicans running for Senate...not governor

Meg Whitman is battling steve poizner for the GOP bid for governor

ADD:

And how the heck is Barbera Boxer still in the Senate!? In 18 years she has passed THREE bills. and TWO of them were bills to name things (One bridge in CA, and one stretch of hwy in Virginia). I honestly don't know how such a useless senator gets elected so many times.

I'm afraid that California might not survive the next decade. In fact, I was suspecting that CA would go totally bankrupt before Greece.

You really do not need an election to be screwed, you already are. And you can thank the drug addict hippys that live there.

Between all this crap of wind power (I guess they put windmills behind their a*ss) and the rest of the crap they are doing in that state.

I think California needs to finally break off and become it's own country.

Yes ya'll are. Who the hell allowed these idiots to be the main candidates anyhow??

Source(s): Southern Baptist =) Support our Troops!!!