I need help on how to become a vegetarian and how I can convince my mom that I'm serious about it?

Becoming a vegetarian is something I've been considering doing for the past 4 years. I'm 17, and the reason I haven't is because I don't know how to approach my family about it. It's getting to the point at dinner time, to be polite, I'll eat the meat, but I think about where the meat has... show more Becoming a vegetarian is something I've been considering doing for the past 4 years. I'm 17, and the reason I haven't is because I don't know how to approach my family about it. It's getting to the point at dinner time, to be polite, I'll eat the meat, but I think about where the meat has come from and it makes me gag and I feel horrible about eating it.

These are the vegetables I like:
Carrots
Cucumbers
Celery
Cooked Tomatoes
Radishes
Potatoes
Turnips
Lettuce
Spinnich
Cabbage
Onions
Brocolli
Cauliflour
and Eggplant

What sort of vitamins will I have to take to make sure I get protien, is there any type of vegetable that I can get protien from? Recipes I can make so I'm not eating salads every day would also be nice.

I also need help approaching my mother about it, mainly buying me vitamins and and vegetables is the biggest thing she'll have against it for. It's not like I don't like meat, because I do. I want to become a vegetarian to help save the animals, because I think they way they treat them is wrong. Now that I'm nearing adulthood, I am going to be working (very soon hopefully) so I'll be able to pay for my food and vitamins its just for now that I can't do it.

Thank you anybody who answers me. :)