Is There Anyway To Get Free Nicotine Patches With Medicare Or Medicaid?

My G-Ma Has Smoked For +30Yrs And I Wondered If There Was A Way For Her To Get Nicotine Patches Free With Her Insurance? Thank You!

• Sweetn
    Favorite Answer

Every state is different and every Medicare plan is different. If she just has the white Medicare card issued by the govt then her Medicare is NOT going to cover it. If she has just Medicaid, it's a possibility, you'd have to get a prescription and take it to her pharmacy to see if they can bill it to Medicaid. If she is on a Medicare Advantage plan (like through Humana, Bc/bs, united etc) then you'd have to look at the plan documents to determine if they cover it.

Source(s): Medicaid Benefits Counselor

No you can not.. I tried today, and Medicaid is not eligible anymore for nicotine patches in Massachusetts, and 48 other states. so basically chances are you can not get them. They want everybody on Medicaid to die off, so the GOV. can save some $$$$.

• MM

QuitNow 1-800-QUITNOW will give you free patches.

yep its funny lol