hahabt asked in SportsHockey · 10 years ago

goalies please help.....?

whats the difference between the Reebok Premier 3 9K 'Giguere Break' Sr. Goalie Leg Pads and the Reebok Premier 3 9K 'Turco Break' Sr. Goalie Leg Pads? im looking to buy a new pair for my high school team. im definantly a bufferfly goalie and do play the puck often. i play midget minor AA and am on the ice for about 4 times a week. what would be a better choice of pads for me? im looking on a website called http://www.goaliemonkey.com/ if any one has these pads please share your opinion on them? or should i just by the regular Rebook Premier III leg pads? thanks for any info about any of my questions!

Favorite Answer

Original, standard P III was no breaks. Turco break is 2 breaks more or less emulating a TPS Summit or a Vaughn V3/V4. Gigure break is one break below the knee. I know when we carried the standard P III most butterfly goalies custom ordered Turco break wanting more flex. I haven't had any requests for Gigure break yet but I guess if you like the tight seal on the ice of a totally straight pad but need a little more flex the Gigure break is a nice option. However, my BEST advice is stick with the Turco break

Source(s): Selling hockey and goalie equipment for 21 years http://sportsetc.net

Hope I helped