Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 10 years ago

BJJ, Judo and wrestling?

I've been training judo and bjj for a while now and recently I've found there's a club that teaches freestyle wrestling near me and was wondering if it would mesh with the other two styles.

thanks

Best Answer

It can help your take downs and ground game and can give your wallet anorexia.

It's like that old saying "The more you know..."

It will also help create a new situation and experience for you as well.

• Kara

Either one will be a big help. Many will suggest Judo, as it is more closely related, but I would say wrestling as it will help you learn a new way of moving your body and will also condition in that time better then Judo.

• ?

Yes, it will help your ground game. Most wrestlers are quite successful with MMA. Get some boxing in too.

What's the point? They're all similar

yeah adding wrestling to your arsenal is a must and it will drastically improve your ground game by improving your ability to get the fight to the ground.

Every bit counts. Yes? No?

after a while it's all the same, just from different perspectives, and you can never have too many perspectives.

I would do it, if only to learn something new.