Using ions on roads to make cars (with the same ionic charge under them) float?

Hello,

Please do not think of me as an idiot at my crazy ideas but I am just trying to think of a creative science fair project.

I think that if we could place ions in roads and under cars while they both have the same charge, will the car float? If even a little? Since N+N and P+P repel, wont the road's ions repel the car's ions?

please take it seriously and tell if you think it makes sense or not.

Thanks in advance.

Favorite Answer

That idea is a pretty good MacGyverism. Put MacGyver in the driver seat, and the vehicle would float on the electric field of a 9-volt battery. The principle is correct, but the quantities necessary to make it work in the real world are impractical to achieve. The voltage difference between the car and the road would have to be gigavolts, and you would need a perfect insulator between the car and the road. If you stepped from the car onto the road, you would be vaporized by the electric discharge.

Cars selves could be constructed buy ions and to be invisible.

That need to prepare any tract where waves go and become simple matter further form agregat parts and make a simplest appart in world. Iceopara