Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Why doesn't America have a leader called "The Fuhrer"?

In Germany during the period of 1933 to 1945 there was a leader of the country who was a Chancellor and he was also the executive leader of the country.....but of all names....he chose to be known by the name......."Fuhrer."

Why doesn't America have a Fuhrer? Why don't we call Obama by the title, "My Fuhrer"?

We are one nation....one people....one leader....in a system with national government socialism...with national authority to fine every U.S. citizen unless they swear allegience to healthcare...even if all health plans suck....it is National Socialist Govt policy

• Kevin
    Favorite Answer

Yawn... Ok, once you get an actual history lesson, we'll talk. k?

Everyone both north and south was glad when the war was over, because both sides were fighting and killing their own brothers and cousins. Robert E. Lee was the son of "Light Horse" Harry Lee the former governor of Virginia. Lee was a descendant of early Virginia colonists and was also a cousin of George Washington. Robert E. Lee was offered the command of the Union army by Abraham Lincoln, but he refused and took lead of the South when Virginia joined the Confederacy. Lincoln believed that reconciliation could only occur with complete forgiveness of the southern rebels. Very few rebels continued resistance after the war, but a few persisted. One of the most notorious was the James Gang. Frank and Jessie were involved in guerrilla warfare and stopping trains to interrupting the flow of supplies to the north. When the war was declared over, they continued robbing trains and were secretly funneling the money to an underground resistance that continued after the war was over. The resistance eventually dissolved. Even the James Gang members were not labeled traitors, they were just called outlaws

1) Why should we? and 2) learn what socialism means. Mis-using the term undermines what could be valid arguments.

I was ambivalent about the tea party and thought they might have some good points. It was the cries of "socialism" and "communism" that got me thinking it was all BS. So I dug out my tax returns for the last 14 years and I was right! My taxes, as a percentage of income, have remained steady for 14 years, except for 2009, when they dropped by 3%.

Lets review. Criticizing Obamas policies = legitimate. Calling him socialist = showing a lack of understanding of what socialism is; which is pretty pathetic considering that is something taught in high school. Why should I listen to a bunch of clearly uneducated over-active under-achievers?

• j3

Well Fuhrer directly translated means leader in Germany so it makes sense the Germans called Hitler that.

The word has sucha bad rep and its Germany so I would be plain stupid to call our President that.

• TC

Why don't people realize that providing people with health care is almost exactly the same as putting them in a gas chamber or using them for forced labor.

Maybe cause they don't speak German in the US. "der Fuhrer" translates to "the leader."

UGH. Obama is not some dictatorial-style leader. Get a clue. Thanks for the points, though!

Source(s): Pons German to English dictionary.

...

Fuhrer is just the German word for "leader." That's all it means. We could just call him Leader.

The next time a conservanazi takes over, we can. And since most americans are idiots, it's only a matter of time before that happens.

Because we just finally got rid of "the Decider."

We don't?

Hitler was an extreme left wing socialist.

Obama is an extreme left wing socialist.