pros of nuclear weapons?

i have a debate i'm in the cons side but i need some good arguments that i can use aganist the pro side please help me out!!!!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

Well your question is confusing however i will put some cons and pros :D

Cons: The building of a nuclear weapon includes shipping of the material to different factory's all over the country this makes it a prime target for terrorists to attack and create a dirty bomb causing the area to be covered in radio active waste/ material. One bomb can end lots and lots of innocent lives. Some waste cannot be used and has to be stored in facility's (terrorist threat). Much waste is dumped in the sea causing mutations in the genes of marine life. Nuclear power plants that are used to create the bomb material are unstable (chernobyl)

Pros: A nuclear bomb can be used to "persuade" other countries in to decisions it also stops all out warfare because the costs would be to high in terms of life/destruction for either side (cold war).

Source(s): Environmental science
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Your question is too poorly stated to be answered.

You say you're on the cons side -- of what proposition?

You say you need arguments to use against the pro side -- Of what proposition?

So why are you asking for the pros, if you're on the cons side?

Here's one good thing about nuclear weapons -- if dropped on a population of stupid people, a lot of stupid people would be killed.

Better not use that.

It's a little politically incorrect.

Source(s): Trinity
  • 10 years ago

Once a country obtains nuclear weapons, they are pretty much guaranteed not to be messed with.

That's about the only pro of nuclear weapons I can think of, but it's a big one.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Pros and cons of what? Having them? Building them? Using them? Pleasuring one's self with them? You need to be more specific.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.