Why do israelis say that Palestine was empty? Where did they get this idea? Is there any evidence of it?

Even Americans haven't been brainwashed that far and we unfortunately support israel.
Update: I will add underpopulated as well. I think people are using empty and underpopulated as though they mean the same thing. About it being empty, I've heard it through many israelis here including dandyl (although I know it's copy and pasted - maybe she doesn't actually read it) and others. Then I... show more I will add underpopulated as well. I think people are using empty and underpopulated as though they mean the same thing. About it being empty, I've heard it through many israelis here including dandyl (although I know it's copy and pasted - maybe she doesn't actually read it) and others. Then I received an e-mail from an israeli today saying the same thing.
Update 2: We only support israel because it protects our interests. That's the only reason why it's 'important'.