Can anyone answer why the Catholic church allows Paedophiles ,to preach in their churches .?

Whilst living in France i attended a church run by a Church of Scotland priest ,who turned out to be 1 of 20 priests who were defrocked and ejected from the church of scotland for Homosexual practises. This priest then was taken into the RC church in France and i later saw him preaching in the Cathedral in Pontivy... show more Whilst living in France i attended a church run by a Church of Scotland priest ,who turned out to be 1 of 20 priests who were defrocked and ejected from the church of scotland for Homosexual practises.
This priest then was taken into the RC church in France and i later saw him preaching in the Cathedral in Pontivy .
This ties up with the present attitude of the church to paedophiles . They don't just ignore their presence they seem to actively welcome them .
Also have just found out that the Catholic church actively took part in the trade in slaves from the 6th cent on and though not officially recognised as such ,had women and children kept in slavery conditions as recent as 1960 in Ireland .
any who don't believe this just look up slavery and the RC church in QA or in Wikapedia.
Update: Hi Neutron No the paeds try to stay hidden but when they are caught the church then hides them for a while and eventually slides them back in again , mumbling sad apologies to the victims.
Update 2: hi handyman , thank you,yes you are correct paedophiles are not neccesarily gays , and in fact women can be paedophiles too .
Update 3: also though any who molest children gay hertero or bi sexual can be paedos
Update 4: hi spanish , ime fairly sure it was Church of scotland but it could have been the free church there. Its nealy 20 yrs ago now though and he certainly wasnt of The RC faith when i knew him , Wouldnt be suprised if any church now allowed gays to be vicars priests or whatever, i only used the term priest as a... show more hi spanish , ime fairly sure it was Church of scotland but it could have been the free church there.
Its nealy 20 yrs ago now though and he certainly wasnt of The RC faith when i knew him , Wouldnt be suprised if any church now allowed gays to be vicars priests or whatever,
i only used the term priest as a general term for a religious official
Update 5: i think i can just remember some title like minister for the person i wrote of as a gay defrocked.
Update 6: have now looked up the Kirk introducing a n openly gay priest ,and its correct but he is the first ,and there is a massive protest going on 12000 signatures against ,
Doesnt suprise me in the least nowadays ,
Update 7: hi halibut , your point is a good one ,Hating the sin but not the sinner describes exactly what is happening when they feed them back to offend again elswhere. with gays its only offense to the members of the congregation but paeds cause irrepairable harm to vulnerable young and ive never met 1 yet who even... show more hi halibut , your point is a good one ,Hating the sin but not the sinner describes exactly what is happening when they feed them back to offend again elswhere.
with gays its only offense to the members of the congregation but paeds cause irrepairable harm to vulnerable young and ive never met 1 yet who even repented truly in the first place.
& i have met £ over the years ( navy & scout leader Myself ,1 tried to have a go at me as an 11 yr old scout, but i kicked him where it hurt) the scouts do take them too the police if they find them .
Update 8: hi Patti , liked your answer cos it points out the relavance of homosexuality, and paedophilia in the RC church .the position of power that these disturbed young men are put into while thier hormones are pushing them to sexual experimentation that would in normaly be dealt with by associating with women from the... show more hi Patti , liked your answer cos it points out the relavance of homosexuality, and paedophilia in the RC church .the position of power that these disturbed young men are put into while thier hormones are pushing them to sexual experimentation that would in normaly be dealt with by associating with women from the local area they grew up in (even though some would end up with pregnancies)but at least they would learn the normal pattern of life.
Update 9: hi Micol ,My issue as you call it is the organisations that create situations that make this abomination possible then try to cover it up . Of course there has always been a small area of life that uses deviant sexual practises , but if caught in these practises then normal society punishes them and does not try... show more hi Micol ,My issue as you call it is the organisations that create situations that make this abomination possible then try to cover it up .
Of course there has always been a small area of life that uses deviant sexual practises , but if caught in these practises then normal society punishes them and does not try to cover uo what has happened and put the abuser back in the same position of denial of his or her basic sexuality then give them further positions of power to abuse again.
Update 10: kenneth, its no confusion the man had been an officer in a scots rifle regiment and was living with his boy friend in the house he was using as his kirk.. Homosexual practises in a house of god, no thanks i left his congregation about 2 months before the event as i had my doughts about him for a long time ,then... show more kenneth, its no confusion the man had been an officer in a scots rifle regiment and was living with his boy friend in the house he was using as his kirk.. Homosexual practises in a house of god, no thanks i left his congregation about 2 months before the event as i had my doughts about him for a long time ,then it was announced on radio 4 lw only to be confirmed when he no longer claimed his title as minister of the kirk and closed down his house as a place of worship.
then he was granted the use of a RC chapel when he had his C of scot licence removed.
it was a long time ago 97/8 but didnt see him in pontivy cathedral until about 99 and my female companion also recognised him .
draw whatever conclusions you like but i know what happened .
do some research if you dont believe me.
11 answers 11