She won't shave her pubic hair! How should I handle this turn off?

A sore subject. My girlfriend was shocked when I told her that I prefer pubic hair completely off on a woman. She said that it was a private thing not really for discussion. I can understand this but by the same token as soon as you want me to lick it - it aint so private. So she keeps it trim for a while then... show more A sore subject.

My girlfriend was shocked when I told her that I prefer pubic hair completely off on a woman. She said that it was a private thing not really for discussion. I can understand this but by the same token as soon as you want me to lick it - it aint so private. So she keeps it trim for a while then gets sick of shaving and then sick of hair removal creme and decides waxing is the best option. So she goes to the salon and gets a hollywood - hates every minute of it and now for the last three months she hasn't touched it because shes growing it to get waxed but every month she keeps bailing out and I hate it. She even jokes about it like by sarcastically saying 'I'll go get it waxed soon'.

I have been so polite loving and tactful and understanding up till now but I think she feels that she's one her argument which is that it's her hair and she can do what she wants with it regardless of how I feel. We have a very active sex life and it pisses me off that she would be this inconsiderate of my feelings and desires. I mean I spend lots of time making sure I look sexy for her and I know hair removal aint a picnic. How should I handle this?

The only reason i mentioned it in the first place was because i didn't want to make a big deal about it in the future. I mean I know she wouldn't like me growing a beard. I would like to so should I just grow it until she tells me it's got to go cos it makes me such a turn off.
Update: hey, i take very good care of that area including shaving so that everything is perfect for her. And I even offered to have mine done, she was going to do it with an at home kit of a luagh but then she couldn't be bothered. P.S we have an amazing relationship and love each other very much, I'm normally... show more hey, i take very good care of that area including shaving so that everything is perfect for her. And I even offered to have mine done, she was going to do it with an at home kit of a luagh but then she couldn't be bothered.

P.S we have an amazing relationship and love each other very much, I'm normally about the most understanding guy there is - Just Hate Pubes!