Yesley
Yesley asked in TravelAsia PacificPhilippines · 1 decade ago

Regardless who you're voting for, who do you think might win as Pres & Vice Pres in the Philippines?

Based on what you hear, who people around you prefer, and everything else that's happening around the country -- what's your gut feel?

Favorite Answer

If the people will wake up before the election day, Gordon and Bayani will win because the survey was just a dream.

What if Noynoy wins? What super human power does he have to lead the nation to prosperity? The man who will put an end to corruption? pfff. If a president like GMA who had once bloomed with charisma turned to out to be a public enemy (the same fate as Erap's charisma), how much more will the people hate a man lacking charisma once the honeymoon stage is finished. Why has Chris been quiet in this feverish days before the election?

What if Villar wins? He may have the power of an entrepreneurial superman but will the people support his programs? In fairness to the present administration, it has laid down the foundations of a strong republic that will be materialized in the generations to come. But not all sees this perspective; those who do are afraid to speak because of fear of persecution by public opinion. At any rate, the people needs instant cure to the cancer that she suffers. A potent pain suppressant is indeed preferable than the cure when the condition appears hopeless. But if the Filipino people wants to rise above poverty, Villar is a far better choice than Noynoy.

Why I choose Gordon, because he has the political will and leadership attributes comparable to leaders like then President Park of South Korea, Lee Kuan Yew of Singapore, and Dr. Mahathir of Malaysia among others who defeated poverty in their countries who lagged behind Philippines before Marshall Law. Below is an essay that I discovered when one yappers answered one of my questions.

LOVE YOUR COUNTRY PHILLIPINES

by Jaeyoun Kim

Filipinos always complain about the corruption in the

Philippines. Do you really think the corruption is the

problem of the Philippines ? I do not think so. I

strongly believe that the problem is the lack of love

for the Philippines .

Let me first talk about my country, Korea . It might

help you understand my point. After the Korean War,

South Korea was one of the poorest countries in the

world. Koreans had to start from scratch because

entire country was destroyed after the Korean War, and

we had no natural resources.

Koreans used to talk about the Philippines , for

Filipinos were very rich in Asia . We envy Filipinos.

Koreans really wanted to be well off like Filipinos.

Many Koreans died of famine. My father & brother also

died because of famine. Korean government was very corrupt

and is ! still very corrupt beyond your imagination,

but Korea was able to develop dramatically because Koreans

really did their best for the common good

with their heart burning with patriotism.

Koreans did not workjust for themselves but also for

their neighborhood and country. Education inspired

young men with the spirit of patriotism.

40 years ago, President Park took over the government

to reform Korea . He tried to borrow money from other

countries, but it was not possible to get a loan and

attract a foreign investment because the economic

situation of South Korea was so bad. Korea had only three

factories. So, President Park sent many mine workers

and nurses to Germany so that they could send money to

Korea to build a factory. They had to go through a

horrible experience.

In 1964, President Park visited Germany to borrow

money. Hundred of Koreans in Germany came to the

airport to welcome him and cried there as t! hey saw

the President Park . They asked to him, "President, when

can we be well off?" That was the only question everyone

asked to him. President Park cried with them and

promised them that Korea would be well off if everyone

works hard for Korea , and the President of Germany got

the strong impression on them and lent money to Korea . So,

President Park was able to build many factories in

Korea. He always asked Koreans to love their country

from their heart.

Many Korean scientists and engineers in the USA came

back to Korea to help developing country because they

wanted their country to be well off. Though they

received very small salary, they did their best for

Korea. They always hoped that their children would live in well off country.

My parents always brought me to the places where poor

and physically handicapped people live. They wanted me

to understand their life and help them. I also worked

for Catholic ! Church when I was in the army. The

only thing I learned from Catholic Church was that we

have to love our neighborhood. And, I have loved my

neighborhood.

Have you cried for the Philippines ? I have cried for

my country several times. I also cried for the

Philippines because of so many poor people. I have

been to the New Bilibid prison. What made me sad in

the prison were the prisoners who do not have any love for their country. They go to mass and work for Church. They

pray everyday.

However, they do not love the Philippines . I talked to

two prisoners at the maximum-security compound, and

both of them said...

I have four scenarios that I thought will dictate the outcome:

1. If the election was clean, honest and orderly, Noynoy- Mar will be elected.

2. If the election was stained with all sorts of vote buying, Villar -Loren will be elected.

3. If the election was marred with dishonesty coupled with heavy maneuvering of the administration's political machinery, Gibo - Edu will be elected.

4. If the election was a failure, GMA will still retain her presidency. How? If there was failure of election, the president and vice pres positions are vacant. Senator Enrile, the senate president and the 3rd man in hierarchy of succession, cannot assume the position as president as his term will end also. But in such a short period before June transition, he has the legal power to call the senate and convene to legislate who will temporarily lead the nation while the positions are vacant. The people behind the 3 branches of government are all Arroyo's men. Who do you think they will choose to lead? With this outcome, anarchy will most likely to happen and eventually a declaration of Martial Law. After this chaotic stage, a parliamentary form of government will follow with GMA as the president. A new face will rule the country as prime minister under the shadow of GMA. This wouldn't happened at all if the Filipino people will vote wisely and will strongly unite to preserve the integrity of this election.

ZZZzzz... huh? Sorry I was having a bad dream... If I have the power, ke Jamby ako. Naku kasaya ng Pilipinas pag sya. Kahit sya lang mag-isa!

I think Noynoy Aquino and Mar Roxas will win.

The 2 most recent surveys point to a widening lead between Noynoy and Villar, largely because of accusations hurled against the latter. A lot of people believed those "Villaroyo" connection, and the exposes made by Winnie Monsod and other prominent writers about Villar's claims of poverty and his brother's death "because we did not have money for medicines" to be false, if not exaggerated. These hurt him so much, considering that before these, he was already neck-and-neck with Noynoy.

Unfortunately for Villar, Noynoy has a (slightly) higher credibility rating, so the accusations stick.

Unless the trend is reversed, we will have a Noynoy presidency in the next few months.

if we base it on the recent surveys it will be noynoy and mar. but i think that there is also a slight chance that gordon could fish the office for there are many people that i talk that wants gordon as their president yet it does not reflect on the surveys. But i think mar would win by a landslide.

• avey

Gerald Ford. He changed the elected VP Spiro Agnew while Agnew needed to renounce considering that of corruption fees. Ford was once appointed VP via Nixon and demonstrated via the Senate. He changed Nixon as President while Nixon needed to renounce considering that of the Watergate quilt-up.

while my vote still goes to Teodoro, i think Aquino and Roxas will win.

... and then we'll have a lame duck President who will still have to contend with Villar having 3 more years as Senate President and GMA who will surely gun for House Speaker. perhaps Charter Change will happen under Aquino's watch, and he can't take the madness so he'll step down and Roxas becomes our President by default.

I really want Gibo for pres and jay sison for vo to win.

I think noynoy and mar will win

i don't want villar and loren.

People want Hope, so I think Noy and Mar will Win!

I think it is a close fight between Noynoy and Manny, Mar and Loren.

if da stupid masa will pursue their hope for villar and aquino, then either the two would definitely win. and Mar but i'm rooting for Gordon-Binay. and i hope and pray that i am right with my manok.

Source(s): huhu...