What are some books that I might like?

Okay, so I've read:

Hush, Hush

The Darkest powers series

The Host

The twilight series (Hated it)

The Uglies

Fallen

And The Vampire Academy Series (Hated it)

Any good books you could recommend?

• Emily
    Favorite Answer

Book recommendations:

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr it is such a good series!

Rule #3: Don't stare at invisible faeries.

Aislinn has always seen faeries. Powerful and dangerous, they walk hidden in mortal world. Aislinn fears their cruelty—especially if they learn of her Sight—and wishes she were as blind to their presence as other teens.

Rule #2: Don't speak to invisible faeries.

Now faeries are stalking her. One of them, Keenan, who is equal parts terrifying and alluring, is trying to talk to her, asking questions Aislinn is afraid to answer.

Rule #1: Don't ever attract their attention.

But it's too late. Keenan is the Summer King who has sought his queen for nine centuries. Without her, summer itself will perish. He is determined that Aislinn will become the Summer Queen at any cost—regardless of her plans or desires.

Suddenly none of the rules that have kept Aislinn safe are working anymore, and everything is on the line: her freedom; her best friend, Seth; her life; everything.

Midnighter's series by Scott Westerfeld

Strange things happen at midnight in the town of Bixby, Oklahoma.

Time freezes.

Nobody moves.

For one secret hour each night, the town belongs to the dark creatures that haunt the shadows. Only a small group of people know about the secret hour — only they are free to move about the midnight time.

These people call themselves Midnighters. Each one has a different power that is strongest at midnight: Seer, Mindcaster, Acrobat, Polymath. For years the Midnighters and the dark creatures have shared the secret hour, uneasily avoiding one another. All that changes when the new girl with an unmistakable midnight aura appears at Bixby High School.

Jessica Day is not an outsider like the other Midnighters. She acts perfectly normal in every way. But it soon becomes clear that the dark creatures sense a hidden power in Jessica . . . and they're determined to stop her before she can use it.

A story of courage, shadowy perils, and unexpected destiny, the secret hour is the first volume of the mesmerizing Midnighters trilogy by acclaimed author Scott Westerfeld.

East by Edith Pattou

A young woman goes to the ends of the earth—and beyond—to rescue the man she loves in this sweeping epic.

It is like a beatuy and the beast remake it is very good.

Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder

About to be executed for murder, Yelena is offered an extraordinary reprieve. She'll eat the best meals, have rooma in the palace--and risk assassination by anyone trying to kill the Commander of Ixia.

And so Yelena chooses to become a food taster. But the chief of security, leaving nothing to chance, deliberately feeds her Butterfly's Dust--and only by appearing for her daily antidote will she delay an agonizing death from the poison.

As Yelena tries to escape her new dilemma, disasters keep mounting. Rebels plot to seize Ixia and Yelena develops magical powers she can't control. Her life is threatened again and choices must be made. But this time the outcomes aren't so clear...

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Katniss is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, the remains of what used be the United States. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games." The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed. When Kat's sister is chosen by lottery, Kat steps up to go in her place.

All the books I have listed are series, except for East. Wicked Lovely has 4 books the 4th one is coming out in 2 days. Hunger Games has 2 out and the 3rd is coming out August 24th, and Poison Study is a triliogy, Midnighters is also a triliogy

Source(s): I have read everybook I have suggested and they are all good

If you like Uglies, try some of Westerfeld's other books... Midnighters is excellent. Peeps is also a fresh look at the vampire genre (trust me, it is nothing like VA or Twilight). You could give the Mortal Instruments trilogy by Cassandra Clare a try. I highly suggest Tithe and sequels by Holly Black, and if you read that and like it, head for the Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely series. These are all teen fantasy books that take place in modern times and lean towards "dark and edgy".

If you're looking for something lighter, try the Jinx, Avalon High, the Airhead trilogy, or The Mediator series by Meg Cabot. Devilish by Maureen Johnson is another good one, as is anything written by Rosemary Clement Moore.

If you feel like giving some modern works that take place in non-modern times a chance, I would recommend Libba Bray's A Great and Terrible Beauty trilogy. You could also give Tamora Pierce, one of the original queens of teen fantasy a try. I would highly recommend Trickster's Choice and sequel, as well as the ongoing Provost Dog series. Another infamous teen fantasy is Diana Wynne Jones. She has a very interesting writing style. I would check out the Howl's Moving Castle Series, the Chrestomanci Series, or the Darklord of Derkholm to start out.

*Whew* I think that's all the teen fantasy books I can think of off the top of my head. Hope this helps!

Shiver or Lament by Maggie Stiefvater

Ecstasia by Francesca Lia Block

Spindle's End by Robin McKinley

Tithe by Holly Black

War for the Oaks by Emma Bull

The China Garden by Liz Berry

Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

• --The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare

City Of Bones

City Of Ashes

City Of Glass

--Fallen by Lauren Kate

Tormented (comes out 28th September)

--Gone by Michael Grant

Hunger

Lies (comes out 4th May)

--The Gallagher Series by Ally Carter

I’d Tell You I Love You But Then I’d Have To Kill You

Cross My Heart And Hope To Spy

Don’t Judge A Girl By Her Cover

Only The Good Spy Young (comes out 29th June)

--Finnikin Of The Rock by Melina Marchetta

--Bekka Cooper Series by Tamora Pierce

--The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire

Mockingjay (comes out 24th August)

--Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

--Night World Series by L.J. Smith

Volume 1: Secret Vampire, Daughters of Darkness, Enchantress

Volume 2: Dark Angel, The Chosen, Soul mate

Volume 3: Huntress, Black Dawn, Witchlight

--The House Of Night Series by P.C. and Kristin Cast

Marked

Betrayed

Chosen

Untame

Hunted

Tempted

--The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Hope That Helps :)

You could try the Maximum Ride series... It's by James Patterson and starts with Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment.

That's all I can think of right now. I might edit this later.

"Facing the Lion: Memoirs of a Young Girl in Nazi Europe" ,

an autobiography by Simone Liebster

http://holocaust-trc.org/facing_the_lion.htm

"QUESTIONS Young People Ask--ANSWERS That Work"

(This link is to a list of links to some of the articles the book is based on.)

http://watchtower.org/e/archives/index.htm#young_p...

"What Does the Bible REALLY Teach?"

"The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived"

"Mankind’s Search for God"

"Is There a Creator Who Cares About You?"

http://watchtower.org/e/publications/index.htm

“Unbroken Will: The Extraordinary Courage of an Ordinary Man,”

about Leopold Engleitner, the oldest living Holocaust survivor

http://www.blurb.com/user/baybeedawl98 shows the first 15pgs of the story Vindicated.

fallen by lauren kate you can see it at amazon.com