Where can I find the original Fallout for windows 7?

I just got a new laptop with Windows 7 and was wanting to play Fallout in the Collection package, but every time I try to play it, there is a weird rainbow color over the numbers and a black box around the screen that occasionally covers the entire screen. Since I don't really want to download a patch that could give my new computer a virus, I was wondering if Interplay released a newer version that's compatible with Windows 7. Thanks!!

Favorite Answer

I will attempt to solve common problems with Fallout and Windows 7.

If you are unable to install Fallout due to a video error:

1. Disable then reenable SLI. Done!

If you receive an error while trying to install the patch:

1. Find the patch file and rename it to Fallout.zip

2. Open it with WinZip, WinRar, or 7zip.

3. Extract all files onto the main Fallout directory, overwriting all files. Done!

To fix the "rainbow graphics" follow these instructions:

1. Right click anywhere on desktop and click "Screen Resolution"

2. Start up Fallout while the Screen Resolution window is open. Done!

there is another suggestion:

I fixed the same problem with Fallout 2 in Win 7 64bit.

- Installed fallout 2 fresh from CD

- Installed Unofficial Fallout 2 Patch (http://news.filefront.com/unofficial-fallout-2-pat...

- Installed sfall (http://sourceforge.net/projects/sfall)

- Installed High Res Patch v2.2b(http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout2_High_Re...

In f2_res.ini set the resolution you want to run and the colour bits to 16, i.e:

[MAIN]

;##################################################################################################################

;Set the screen resolution here

SCR_WIDTH=1440

SCR_HEIGHT=900

;Set the number of colours here

; 8 for 8bit(original)

; 16 for 16bit colour (set only if your not using Sfall with graphics modes 4 or 5)

COLOUR_BITS=16

ddraw.ini also has some stuff to play with, turn on directx9 for instance.

Fallout .. which one.. homestead windows 7 as such has no compatibility subjects with any softwares till and till they deploy a driving force (Anti virus's as an occasion).. maximum or i might desire to declare almost all older applications artwork with homestead windows 7.. If that is fallout 3 .. nicely it works.. I actual have performed Fallout 3 on homestead windows 7 and that i've got performed video games approximately 6 years previous (like the 1st call of accountability) and that they worked high quality.. I in simple terms had to place in DirectX 9 because of the fact homestead windows 7 has Direct X 11 outfitted in.. in simple terms deploy Direct X 9 on the homestead windows 7 device and you need to be sturdy to bypass..