Do you use people or cliche pet names to name your pets?

I've always favored "people names" for my pets..(though 2 of my dogs came named from the SPCA where we fostered and eventually kept those fosters along w/their "corny" pet names). We talk a lot about baby names so i thought this would be a fun question about opinions on what is a pet... show more I've always favored "people names" for my pets..(though 2 of my dogs came named from the SPCA where we fostered and eventually kept those fosters along w/their "corny" pet names).

We talk a lot about baby names so i thought this would be a fun question about opinions on what is a pet name. What style of naming you have for your pets, and perhaps what names you think are okay or not okay for pets.

:)

As an example-

Cliche pet names to me are things like:
Oreo, Rufus, Fluffy, Snowball, Champ, Max, Sam, Daisy, Shadow etc.

People names i'd use on pets are things like:
Delilah, Elliott, Emma, Charlie, Oliver, Katie etc.

So what are your views on pet names?
Update: Alli- my first dog was named Cody. :)

i see it as a pet name only too. mostly because that dog was like a sibling to me and so his name is quite special to me.